• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1980 Greco EGF1800 S

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacco

Reaction score
Here is your chance to own a very rare Greco EGF-1800.
She is a special one in many ways.
First of all because of the weight which is an even 4 kg or 8 lbs 13 oz, making her one of the lightest examples from the Super Real era. She is also one of the earliest 1800s, I haven't logged an earlier one so far. And she's the only 1800 I have ever seen with the ?S? or sunburst lady finish. And the only one with thin frets. A truly custom order 1800, even unique compared to other custom order 1800s.
The solid top is a beautiful mix of flame and other types figuring, the 2 piece back is reddish orange like original bursts (and again different from other 1800 which have a bordeaux finish).
The Dry Z pickups sound marvelous, the bridge pickup has an RDC of 8.20 which is significant higher than the average Dry Z bridge pickup and functional for heavier rock.
The neck profile is on the thick side; in between an original 58 and 59 burst but not as shouldered as the average Super Real Greco.
Frets are is good condition and have been dressed by my luthier. The Brazilian rosewood fretboard is of the beautiful dark, wavy type.
She is completely original, except for the tuners which I have changed for Fake58 shrunken tuners (originals included) and comes with original hard shell case.
Price 3250 euro plus shipping.

Hotter than Georgia asphalt !!! Love guitars that have tops like this, so much character !!

Good luck with the sale on this beauty... someone will be over the moon.

Really nice Jacco. I can't justify spending that kind of $ on a guitar for myself though. That comes out to $3581.70 US. :wink: Plus shipping.

Back