• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

FS: 1980 Greco EG-850 Limited Edition

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freebird

Reaction score
1980 Greco EG-850 Gold Top Limited Edition.

Located in metro Buffalo, NY. $2000 obo.

Fat neck
Fret edge binding
8.5lbs.
Greco PU-2 pickups
Nitro
Hard case

all original except for new volume and tone pots and pickup surrounds.

IMG_6100.JPG
IMG_6101.JPG

IMG_6105.JPG
IMG_6118.JPG

IMG_3102.JPG
IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_6136.JPG
IMG_6135.JPG

More pics here: https://picasaweb.google.com/krfrieh/1980GrecoLimitedEditionGoldTop#

What exactly makes this guitar "Limited" as oppsed to "Super Real" etc ??? I think it's freakin' gorgeous !!!

brokentoes said:
What exactly makes this guitar "Limited" as oppsed to "Super Real" etc ??? I think it's freakin' gorgeous !!!

Based on my own research, my Limited Edition model is part of a group of Limited Edition models that were built only in the 1979-1980 time period. I have come to believe that the first Super Real series models started to be built in 1979 as well. Therefore, I have to conclude that both the Limited Edition series and the Super Real series were built, perhaps right along side one another during this time period. There is some evidence that build charactoristics were the same during this time period for both series (dowel tenon neck construction on both the Limited Editions and the earliest Super Reals). The thread below has a pic of a flame top Limited Edition. The top end Super Real series models featured nice flame tops as well (non-veneer tops in the EGF-1800), but no gold tops. My Limited Edition gold top is unique as it has no Super Real series gold top counterpart. It may be one of the rarest Grecos. But who knows for sure?

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19746&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=limited+edition&start=0

Thanks for the info, always something new to learn about these Japanese guitars, i have to say if i had the money right now i'd drive to NY to grab that one, just a quick 1 1/2 drive from me !! So tempting !!!!!!!

Let me know if you get some coin. I could meet you near the border, either side or St. Caths. even. Reasonable offers entertained.

Latest posts

Back