Err...Les Paul Junior?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sscanlan

Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong....but this doesn't look too much like a Les Paul Junior to me??? LPJ at one end, SG at the other?!?!?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SG-JUNIOR-LAWSUIT-COPY-OPEN-BOOK-HEADSTOCK-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ7415084401QQcategoryZ33040QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Ah, ah, ah.....do your research.

Gibson originally called the SG a Les Paul but later changed it. They came out with an SG Junior in the early 60's although they had a single P90 pickup instead of the humbucker on the one you reference.

Go to ebay and look up item 7411325961 - it's a 63 SG Junior in white. Other than the pickup and tuners, looks the same. The one you reference even has the correct pickguard and states that it is an SG Junior on the auction title.

:wink:

Might be an aria diamond with a Gibson decal as not so many brands copied the SG junior as far as I know.

My original thought was that it was a cheapo copy by someone who didn't think about the difference between the two styles of guitar.....but ya know now I might think about a bit of bid ;-)

Back