EGF-1800 on yahoo jp

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JVsearch said:
Reborn Old said:
Koubayashi said:
Never seen them.

So there is a risk of being arrested for this in the States?

No, nothing like that. If you have a YJ Japan account you won't be affected. This applies to users of the Japan Auction Center proxy bidding interface only.
It turns out that if the words Jacaranda or Brazilian are used in an auction thread, Jauce's bid button is disabled, effectively preventing bidders from bidding on the item using the Jauce proxy interface. That's confirmed for the Canadian and US West Coast so far, but probably affects everyone using the Jauce interface instead of YJ directly, or other proxy services.
It's good news for registered Yahoo Japan members bidding on premium guitars like this EGF-1800, but not good news for sellers of these models trying to get top dollar for their guitars, unless they leave out these keywords that trigger bid disablement. It may give sellers a greater opportunity to keep more premium models in Japan, should they choose to do so.

F*ck me, this world just gets dumber and dumber, and less and less free.

A second hand guitar, FFS... it's too LATE you stupid shites, the tree was cut down many years ago. Lol. :lol:

If there was no market for used guitars the manufacturers would sell 10 times more guitars.
Waddaya think :D

Koubayashi said:
If there was no market for used guitars the manufacturers would sell 10 times more guitars.

Now that actually makes a lot of sense. Never thought of it that way!

Cali Girl said:
Koubayashi said:

Now that actually makes a lot of sense. Never thought of it that way!

Do you think the politicians listen to Average Joe's vintage and used shop with one employee or Fender Corporation with 1000 employees?

Ps. No idea how many employees Fender has, just painting the picture.

It is a very unique and beautiful guitar. Another one for the vault where I'm sure it will join some very elite company of fine MIJ guitars.

Only three people in the world were willing to pay over 200k.
Only two 250k.

It is interesting to follow these statistics cause they give a hint on what people are willing to pay and obviously most bidders aren't willing to pay more than 100k.

ber***** / 評価:295 最高額入札者 254,000 円 1 1月 13日 20時 49分
pcn***** / 評価:18 253,000 円 1 1月 13日 20時 48分
mus***** / 評価:526 227,000 円 1 1月 9日 12時 18分
rin***** / 評価:2222 100,000 円 1 1月 7日 0時 31分
tam***** / 評価:13 100,000 円 1 1月 7日 6時 43分
war***** / 評価:335 70,000 円 1 1月 7日 0時 37分
sal***** / 評価:102 3,000 円 1 1月 6日 23時 56分

That's put a bit too simple.
I am willing to pay more than 200k too but I don't want to bid against Mark.

jacco said:
That's put a bit too simple.
I am willing to pay more than 200k too but I don't want to bid against Mark.

Why?
Its a free market.
Do you think he is gonna hate you if you practice your legal and moral rights?

Anyways, I keep some statistics like this and there is a clear pattern: very few people bid and pay big money for these guitars.
Usually same 5-6 bidders on every item.

It's the same considering that Guitar Center wants 30k$ for a 1960 JB but not even one on Ebay in same condition at half price will sell.
Statistics over ended auctions on Ebay are as fun to study cause there is a huge discrepancy between ended auctions and most BIN.

there are plenty of people willing to pay over 200k, but only after the guitar has been verified by me, and then sold with a full money back policy, there are not so many who would risk 200k+ on a guitar which they have never seen or played, with no recourse should it turn out to have had a break, or a warped neck or any other problem.. I have many buyers who simply prefer to buy from me with the knowledge that they will get exactly what they want or return it..

there are many people who do not want to take a risk and so would prefer to pay more for the peace of mind that comes from buying from a reputable source, also, buying in japan, although easier than it used to be, is still daunting for many people, not the ones who use these forums, and check over every point and joint and pickup etc etc but just ordinary guitars players who are not as obsessive as we all are, and there are a lot more of them than there are of us!!!

and jacco thanks, you know i would have gone to 300k for this one, so I appreciate the gesture, and will return the favour at some time in the future

a new historic costs more in europe than i paid for this.. I know which i would prefer...

villager said:
there are plenty of people willing to pay over 200k, but only after the guitar has been verified by me, and then sold with a full money back policy, there are not so many who would risk 200k+ on a guitar which they have never seen or played, with no recourse should it turn out to have had a break, or a warped neck or any other problem.. I have many buyers who simply prefer to buy from me with the knowledge that they will get exactly what they want or return it..

there are many people who do not want to take a risk and so would prefer to pay more for the peace of mind that comes from buying from a reputable source, also, buying in japan, although easier than it used to be, is still daunting for many people, not the ones who use these forums, and check over every point and joint and pickup etc etc but just ordinary guitars players who are not as obsessive as we all are, and there are a lot more of them than there are of us!!!

and jacco thanks, you know i would have gone to 300k for this one, so I appreciate the gesture, and will return the favour at some time in the future

a new historic costs more in europe than i paid for this.. I know which i would prefer...

No risk = no gain :D
If the market for selling these was half as good as the market for Historics I know what I would buy :D
To play, well, I'd test first and get the better one.

yes but I am not interested in selling it..

but you can't test it can you.. thats the point!

you have to take the risk..

and you are pretty experienced in the japanese guitar marketplace, many are not..

What does it take to buy an EGF-1800?

brass_balls.jpg

Brass balls.

I dare say it's the kind of item that comes up for sale so rarely that you have to pay what it takes to get it, if you want it badly enough. Otherwise, you might be waiting a year for another one to come up for sale. Time is money!

I know it's not a real vintage burst, but from all the burst stories I have read and discussed, it always hurts when you buy one because you have to pay over the odds to get the owner to part with it.

Back