Edwards - SA-125 LTS -- Just pulled the trigger!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detroitace

Reaction score
Can't wait .... :D

They're on back order through Ishibashi and so my order won't be filled until November or December... :-?

When I get it, I'll post pictures and let you'll know how it is!

I read as much as I could on here to decide between the Tokai 110, Edwards, Gibson, Heritage and Yamaha and decided to go for the Edwards. I already have 4 other Edwardses and they are all fantastic!

-- Bill

detroitace said:
Can't wait .... :D

They're on back order through Ishibashi and so my order won't be filled until November or December... :-?

When I get it, I'll post pictures and let you'll know how it is!

I read as much as I could on here to decide between the Tokai 110, Edwards, Gibson, Heritage and Yamaha and decided to go for the Edwards. I already have 4 other Edwardses and they are all fantastic!

-- Bill

Good for you. What color did you go for?

I bought the SA 138 LTC (black with gold hardware) and I'm overdue for posting pics of it - looks just like a Lucille without the Varitone knob. All I can say is that right out of the box, she was good to go - perfect intonation, action was just right after I put 11's on it and she sounds great.

Hey!

I opted for the tobacco sunburst. The other contender was the black, but in the end I thought the tbs just looked right. I'm really looking forward to playing it.

As I said, I have 4 other Edwards and they are just incredible guitars! I have
a Les Paul Custom w/ P90s, an aqua blue quilt-top 85SD w/ no pickguard and a SG-80D with open-coil humbuckers.

This will be my first semi-hollow body and it will give me more of a jazzy, woody tone, I hope.

-- Bill

Hi! My guitar arrived today and it is awesome. Oh my god!

I will post pictures soon, so you can see it, but man is it great. It was just under $1K US including shipping and it's great.

I've played it about 30 minutes so far. The neck is medium -- not thick, but definitely not thin-taper. The finish is slightly matte(?), I guess? It's not glossy and it doesn't smell like my Gibson's that definitely have nitro on them. It's a lacquer taste (LTS) but it has a slightly rough feel to it.

I got the tobacco sunburst and I love it. The binding is even aged to a smoky deep yellow. It really feels like an old, broken in 335. Amazing how they do it.

For those of you on the fence, go for it. You will not be disappointed.

I also recently got a Gibson ES-339, which is also a great guitar, by the way, so now I'm going to be totally conflicted about which one to play.

One minor 'nit' is that the Edwards logo isn't centered and the main part of the headstock is empty. My other Edwards' say 'Limited Edition or something'. This one looks a little naked.

I asked Ishibashi (Daisuke) to set it up with 10-46s but it feels really easy to play and might be 9's. We'll see how it feels when I change the strings eventually.

Any questions, ask away and I'll try to answer them to the best I can.

-- Bill

Hi Bill,

Congrats m8 ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds good !! ... and I'm curious to see some pics ... :wink: :wink:

BTW - the 'rough matte' will disappear after a while of playing and polishing it regularly ... don't know why they are finishing the guitars like this ... :eek:

Roger

got mine last week, used as always...not my first Edwards either, so far I like it but it`s much heavier than my yamaha SA-2200. Borrowed pic but it looks just like this. I think the matte finish looks great, my SG custom has the fogged p`up covers while the 335 does not, the necks on both the SG and 335 have a smooth feel so the roughness, as you say, I can`t really feel.
Roger why don`t you ask them that question in a mail?...I` stopped asking why here a long time ago, things are what they are and thats that.

esa130ltc_bk.jpg

sneakyjapan said:
Roger why don`t you ask them that question in a mail?...I` stopped asking why here a long time ago, things are what they are and thats that.

Sneaky ...

you'll know the truth better than I do ... countless mails to Edwards / ESP in the past - no response ...
You've stopped asking because things are what they are ... I've stopped because I don't like people who are lacking usual polite manners ... :wink: :wink: :( :(
That's not what I'd call 'Customer Service' ... :eek:

Roger
BTW - you've got a wonderful Eddie there ... Congrats !!! :lol: :lol:

Back