Does this look like a real Tokai?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does this look like a real Tokai???
http://cgi.ebay.ca/AMAZING-Tokai-John-Lennon-Guitar-w-Bigsby-VERY-RARE_W0QQitemZ130316014825QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item1e577094e9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1215%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

The dead give away for the Canadian fakes is the back of the headstock.
Ask him for a pic of the serial number...if he says no then pass on the guitar.
To be honest...I'd be as nervous as hell if I was living in Canada and looking to buy Asian guitars :eek:

This one looks ok to me, i have just been looking at the catalogue pics and everything matches up except for the added on bridge and bigsby which he says he installed. These are NOT RARE, the model is a RG-40. I would still ask for pics of the back of the headstock just to be sure.

Mick

Yes ...bolt on neck, these are Korean models and it says it has a plywood body. Just letting you know as i don't know these guitars personally. Are these a hollow body ? if so it will be of similar construction to the Korean Tokai ES models.

Mick

Another bit of info that just came to hand, The guy that was having the Tokai fakes made was also the Canadian distributor for Dillion guitars, i don't know that he still is but i think he still is. I will see what i can come up with.

Mick

Back