Do you really like your LS-85 or are you looking to upgrade?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an LS85f. Probably best value + quality in Tokai Japan line. Have a few gibbos too but tokai just feel like home. Upgraded pickups, guts & hardware, not that they're any bad though.. Higher spec series to me is just luxury without that much improvement to tones, pricewise.

I'm very pleased with my LS-85 and don't think about upgrading to a more expensive model. Last night at the band rehearsals I really started to feel like home with this one, even thought I played through a borrowed solid-state amp. I think I upgrade some parts, tailpiece and electronics, but not yet. I want to learn to know the guitar first.

I'm quite pleased with the electronics and the hardware of my LS-85Q. I'm planning to test new microphones that give me more high end since the current sound is not as colourful as the guitar is sounding acoustically.

Matti

I just got a new (2007) 85F in VF about a month ago from hisashi and am just coming to grips with it now. Depending on where you purchase from, you may find the factory set up a bit rough if it is untouched - at least as far as simple things like intonation and how the nut is cut. The action was brilliant out of the box though. Took a bit of playing in, however once that was done it turned to butter in my hands.
There is almost no distinguishing that the top is a veneer and all the controls and hardware seem great to me (but perhaps not to some others). Fantastic sounding and sustaining instrument.

Hi!
Got 80, 85?s, 125 (Jeff Beck) , 135, and one of togps AAAAA custom models. It?s all great guitars, and there?s not really a need for upgrading. But if you can, buy another one and keep the 85! :D

good on ya, "ACY"

I have a 2005 LS 85F in violin finish and i love it. I have installed an alu tailpiece and faber kit so it sounds better than it did.
The only way i would upgrade it is if i had a spare ?1000 that i wanted to spend. I have never played a high end Tokai so i can't commet if they are worth 3 times the price of a LS 85, but,I guess that they probably aren't.

album_fullsize.html

I have a LS85Q same spec except for the quilted maple top. I'm delighted with both the quality, the feel and the sound and have no intention of upgrading any of the hardwear or electronics.

Well mine is a Ls-70F nowadays called a LS-85F
Love it!
Nothing like it, kills my sons G...n LP studio!
Iv'e posted heaps of photos of this guitar, search!!!

Back