Debate! What Is The Best Combo Amp For The Love Rock?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tokai.....Just like everything else I own,I do all the work myself. Amps are easier than guitars for me though. :roll:

The old tube stuff is just incredibly easy to work on....Transfomers,caps,resistors,tubes,and wiring...Certain amps have their own certain quirks....Once you figure those out,the rest is just TLC and preventative maintenence....Keeping Mullard EL34's in my baby is getting harded and more expensive these days also.I still have one nos set that I'll hold onto until a company comes out with an EL34 that "actually" is as good as the Mullard was...
:lol:
John

:D Okay Fireman John ! The job will be yours! Yes thats right when I make it big as a Guitar God You will be my man in charge of all things tech! As Mat Bruck was to Eddie, and Pete Cornish to Eric, as ? is to Buckethead...you and me baby ! we will rule the world! 2003 is gonna be a Big year for the middle age wanna be! I can feel it! :wink:

[/quote] Okay Fireman John ! The job will be yours! Yes thats right when I make it big as a Guitar God You will be my man in charge of all things tech! As Mat Bruck was to Eddie, and Pete Cornish to Eric, as ? is to Buckethead...you and me baby ! we will rule the world! 2003 is gonna be a Big year for the middle age wanna be! I can feel it!

Bring it on buddy :lol:

All kidding aside though.....My dream job would be to start out as one of the behind the scenes floor sweepers at the Fender factory and be promoted to one of the guitar builders and retiring as a CS builder.....I've got 10 more years to go with this FF/Paramedic thing first though for my pension.....So what do ya think? :lol:

John

:D Where do you want to start? The factory in Corona? I got a better idea, in ten years lets you and I bring in London Barry, Ned and a few other die hards and buy the old Fullerton Factory{ Sacred Ground} and build Tokai's like they did in the early 80's? It could happen! :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where do you want to start? The factory in Corona? I got a better idea, in ten years lets you and I bring in London Barry, Ned and a few other die hards and buy the old Fullerton Factory{ Sacred Ground} and build Tokai's like they did in the early 80's? It could happen!

Now that would work also buddy.... :lol: Fireman John with walker and wheelchair! :)

John

Hmmm?

Going back to the original question, on a session earlier this year, I used my black 81' Love Rock (now owned by James) fitted with two of Seymour's Antiquities through a beat up but totally original early 60's copper panel AC30.

TOP DRAW!

Pity it wasn't my AC30 though.

Oh and the track was a cover of "War Pigs" if anyones interested?

Back