Competition for our beloved Love Rocks?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schocker

Reaction score
I wonder how these compare? (If you click on the link, once on the page choose 'Products' and then the 'Japanese Line' option)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.gibson.jp/epi/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Depiphone%2Belite%2Bjapan%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

Epiphone have launched a limited edition of three Les Pauls, two Standards and one Custom, made in Japan but NOT Elites. I've copied the blurb from the Japanese Gibson website, dubiously translated by Google. Street price is about 79,800 Yen. Noteworthy features would seem to be the pick-ups ("alnico 5 magnetic of new development and epi- phone original ハンバッカー which adopts the wire of USA standard"...I must learn Japanese...) and the "thin lacquer" finish. Hmmm.

The specs are quite impressive:

Model: LTD, ED and Les Paul Standard LQ HB
Pickups Epiphone Original Humbukers
Body Top: Maple
Body Sides:
Body Back: Mahogany
Body Materials:
Neck Materials: Mahogany
Neck Joint: Set
Scale: 24.75"
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Control: 2v,2t,3way SW
Bridge:
Hardware Color: Chrome
Available Finish: Honeyburst
Case: Softcase

Price a: \95,000 (classified by consumer tax)

Comment:
  It is the series of the Japanese market limitation sale. Prejudice here is...
* Head Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers, europe, neck grip, it refines body Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers, europe.
* This new it developed " the Epiphone Original Humbucker (Japan make)" it loads because of the series. As for magnet alnico? Dirt 鮖 feudal clan 僉 - 錺 ぅ basket 爾? You use those of SA standard.
* The thin lacquer adoption which pulls out the potential of the sound quality to the maximum.
* Private specially made gig case attachment

They look nice. If they were offering Tobacco Sunburst I might even bite...

I'd like to try one of those Head Supreme Headquarters of the Allied Powers of Europe ones with the feudal clan pickups.

It's funny that every model that Gibson makes (Joe Perry, Skynard, etc.) is offered also in the Epiphone line. Gibson has some strange marketing strategies.

Yeah, why are Japanese translations always so diabolical :roll: .

Ian.

it's so true .. trying to research anything from Japanese sites is a nightmare .. maybe something to do with a pictorial system of writing not translating easily into a textual system. Or it could be having no equivelant of the letter "L". There are no L's in Gibson. Res Paw. Draw your own conclusions. :eek: huh??

Up the workers. :wink:

I'm sure they'll be nice guitars. They're most likely made by fuji Gen Gakki, which is an excellent guitar manufacturer.

It has been mentioned before, but I have to say this is one of the most interesting features of the guitar to me: "* Head Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers, europe, neck grip, it refines body Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers, europe. "

"the Epiphone Original Humbucker (Japan make)" it loads because of the series. As for magnet alnico? Dirt 鮖 feudal clan 僉 - 錺 ぅ basket 爾? You use those of SA standard. "

I've said this all along. Why didn't anyone listen?

Magna Carta?

Did she die in vain?

:roll:

Back