Classic Guitars of The Future? - Not necessarily Tokai.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
Post your choice and why.

My choice is the Taylor USA Classic Solid Body. You can pick them up for about half the price of the new retail...right now, let alone what the future price rises and inflation etc will have on it - it's made in the USA, they play and sound fecking brilliant.....they will save your life in a dodgy electrical environment and are effectively fused.

Had Brian Swerdfeger from Taylor USA in my store the other day....met him a couple of times....THIS GUY IS SO "Mr Taylor International" he just makes you want to pick up the guitars and play.

This is my hot Classic of the future right now.

Subject to change the next time i get amazed by something!!!

2 choices from me, 1 from Japan, 1 from the US.

I reckon the Bacchus vintage series Strats & Teles are future collectibles - the ones with the "correct" headstock. As far as I can find out, they only made them for a few years in this format, which should make them more desirable in 20 years time.

They're top quality guitars, & they're even finished in genuine "soft" vintage type nitro, not the harder stuff that Tokai use, so they should age in the same way as a real early 60s/late 50s Strat. The pickups are great too. In fact the only drawback (for me) is that the necks are on the chunky side.

154_5449.jpg

If I can dare to mention US stuff on here, I think the current Fender Custom Shop stuff (particularly the Time Machine series) will hold it's value, & probably appreciate in value. Quality is very similar to the Bacchi (though they cost a lot more!), & as they are built like the 50s & 60s guitars, & finished in genuine thin nitro, they should also age well over the next 20 or so years.

I would have thought that most of the current top-of-the-range Tokai guitars were a fairly safe bet too.

Mike

Latest posts

Back