Chinese Burnys

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
Just got back from my local guitar shop and he's just taken delivery of a load of Chinese Burny's. Les Pauls and 335's all with 'correct' headstock and via an official UK distributor.

I played a few of them and was amazed by the quality, definetely much better than the Korean Tokai's I've played, and if it had 'Made in Japan' on the label rather than 'Made in China' I would't have doubted it for a second!

JohnA said:
I played a few of them and was amazed by the quality, definetely much better than the Korean Tokai's I've played, ...
I believe you, JohnA, and I can confirm too, that the new Chinese Tokais are much better, more continuous quality level and better electronics than the Korean made ones.
Probably same factory - MIC Burnys/Tokais?
Try a MIC Tokai!
BTW, who is the UK Burny distributor?

Sorry Togps, he did say and I forgot :oops: I'll find out next time I talk to him.

Yes, the Chinese seem to have quickly solved any quality issues they had, it took the Japanese 15 years to start producing guitars as good as this! I've played a few very nice Chinese acoustics, but this was the first time I've had chance to play a decent elecrtic.

Max The Dog said:
Has that shop got a web site John?

Link PM'd Pete

I don't think he has them listed yet, but if you give them a call, ask for Steve and say John put you on to him he'll do you a good deal :wink:

born2boogie said:
You on commission John A???

No I'm not :D , but on good terms with the owner, he does my repair work and he's a pretty decent bloke. If I do buy something from a shop :eek: I always go there rather than one of the big 'guitar tesco's'

Actually, that link does look a bit like a blatent plug, I'll delete it.

Well you could argue that most of on here sound like publicity agents for Tokai. And Tokai don't pay any of us a **** penny........

My Localish guitar peddler has just got some MIC Burneys in - I was very impressed-very nice VF one and black custom. I also tried one fitted with a sustainer - that was pretty awesome.

I liked them a lot.

nice to see opinions changing the last time I mentioned MIC Burnys
a few comments suggested they are only good for beginners and luithier practicing skills :roll:

barburny said:
nice to see opinions changing the last time I mentioned MIC Burnys
a few comments suggested they are only good for beginners and luithier practicing skills :roll:

I never played on until recently, but although they are beginners/intermediate prices they are definetely pro-quality instruments. I'd be happy gigging with one.

Can anyone help me out with finding an actual shop that stocks these. I've found a few on the dreaded Bay, but would rather buy from an actual shop where I can see / feel what I'm buying. Cheers

holio.cornolio said:
Can anyone help me out with finding an actual shop that stocks these. I've found a few on the dreaded Bay, but would rather buy from an actual shop where I can see / feel what I'm buying. Cheers

Perhaps you could give us a clue where you are, ....uh, huh, huh Cornholio.

marcusnieman said:
holio.cornolio said:

Perhaps you could give us a clue where you are, ....uh, huh, huh Cornholio.
good point well made. I will be in the southeast of the United Kingdom, but I do travel a bit, but maybe not as far as Texas. Would you be needing some TP for that bunghole?

Steven James Guitars in the North-East, Middlesbrough has a good selection, but I'm sure you will find someone closer.

Just spotted these for sale in the UK, cheap as chips!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Burny-by-Fernades-Les-Paul-in-Honeyburst_W0QQitemZ360092611958QQihZ023QQcategoryZ141188QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Latest posts

Back