Chinese Burny RLG-55P Pleasant Suprise

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyp81

Reaction score
I have a number of MIJ Guitars Tokai, Bacchus and ESP Edwards all are great guitars. Looking through most threads there always seems to be a common thread that Chinese made guitars are way inferior to Japanese made guitars.

Last week I visited a local guitar shop that had a second hand Burny Goldtop. It was a 2008 made in China model and I decided to have a play not expecting much, but I genuinely surprised. The finish was excellent with a great setup. The sound was great also I bought the guitar and replaced the pickups with Tonerider Hot P90s which were ?50 a pair. Now the sound is absolutely fantastic from a guitar that retails for half the Japanese equivalent.

I am not saying it is better than my MIJ models but for value for money it is a great guitar. So anybody thinking of buying a Burny guitar and is put off by the Made in China label don?t be put of by the negative comments in many threads. I would suggest changing the pickups and you will have a superb guitar for your money. Tonerider do great pickups for the money also.

Andy

aswell as Japan :wink: Yeah, Alot of people have commented on there Chinese Burny's being better than expected so, I'm not surprised. I've played a few other Chinese made guitars that were nice. Particularly a Brian Moore model I had for awhile.

NWOBHM said:
aswell as Japan :wink: .

No kidding.... my first new MIJ Fender strat (80's E series hardtail 60's model for $400) was viewed as a piece of crap by my peers...... still have it and now its cool again....LOL

I had a chinese made John Sykes LP model. Really good guitar.

Only sold it because it was a tad light. To many years of playing an SG2000!

Bob

You wouldn't get away with that last comment if Tokai Joe/Sushi Guy was still here! :lol:

My personal expereance with Chinese build guitars is limited, but last year I needed a metal guitar yet I didn't want to spend too much money on it, I did have an emg 81/85 set laying around so the electronics did not have too matter.

I ended up buying a LTD Viper 50 amd I must say it is a fine qualituy guitar, even the pickup/electonics were not all to shabby.

Sure body was made out of Nato not mahogany but thats not a bad thing per see.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but since this thread is talking about the MIC Burny, I want to ask your opinon?

The new production of Burny, i.e. RLC55 or the RLG55s (with sustainer pu), are they any good?

It may not be at par with the MIJ or maybe the MIK (correct me if i'm wrong) but would it be a finder's keeper? comparing to other brand like the sister brand of big companies i.e. epiphone, squier, entry level ibanez, etc.

thank you :)

I've been a long time supporter of the MIC Burny's fantastic guitars and definetely better than some of the low-end mij 'vintage' guitars that are selling for quite a lot of money.

I've played a few MIC Tokais and the quality in no where near that of the Burnys although they are quite a bit cheaper, the Burny's are a similar price to what you might pay for a second-hand MIJ Tokai.

MIJvintage said:
I like Japanese guitars but I hate Japanese food

I like Chinese food but their guitars are like Japanese food ......................

I like some Japanese guitars and some Japanese Food, some Chinese guitars and some Chinese food, such a blanket statement is daft unless you play a Tiesco and are having ducks feet for dinner :wink:
212px-Teisco_K4L.jpg

Japanese Guitar

ducks_web_with_pigeons_eggs_pearl_in_the_palma50c1f4e42c2eb3e61b3.jpg

Chinese Food

rlg50p_vgt_160.jpg

Chinese Guitar

Udon-noodles-with-Tenderstem-14k.jpg_e_be4a040f41dfb65a155b3b24351d007c.jpg

Japanese Food

Are these Burny's for sale in Holland or Europe?
Ifso can anyone point me as to where?
The RLG-55P Version seems nice indeed.

i was just wondering,

does the rlc55 features full body binding at the top of the guitar as well as on the neck, like the rlg55s?

and yah, the final question, hehe, which one would be a better purchase out of those two? with the exception of the sustainer?

tried to do up some research on the internet but it mostly it yields vintage burnys :)

thank you guys :)

Latest posts

Back