can anyone tell me something about this model greco egc68-50

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydehmer

Reaction score
I have bought a Greco Model EGC-68-50. It has a custom shape and the serial number begins with B87xxxxx. It is solidbody and has a log tenon neck. Is it a mint collection?? What is the quality of this guitar and its value?? It is in perfect shape, no dings or scratches. Thank you for the information

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7398303567&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Andy I have a 1982 Mint Collection guitar. It's a EG59-100. In 1982 the only Mint Collection guitars were copies of 59, 58, or 57 Gold tops i believe. Your guitar is a custom and therefore looks a bit different than mine but the knobs and pickups both look different than my 59 replica. I don't know what an original 68 looked like though, but at least in 1982, there was no 1968 replica in the Mint Collection. I'd love a 68 though (I was born in '68).

There is a Greco catalog thread that's not too old. You could look there.

What I meant Andy was that in 1982 there was no 1968 replica. I'm not sure if Greco changed the Mint Collection inventory by 87 or not but my guess would be it's not a Mint Collection but may still be a **** fine guitar.

Back