Can Anyone Help Identify This Tokai SG?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddo11

Reaction score
hello, i have a tokai sg, i think it is from around the year 2000+, and pretty sure it was made in korea. i dont have a serial number, but it came from a 'proper/trusted/commercial' musical instrument store in canada, and was new not used. set neck, not bolt on!

the thing which is strange about this tokai sg, is that the sg 'horns' are not level. the left horn is higher up than the other side (see pic). and where the neck joins the body, there is more 'wood' on the left side than the right. can you see what i mean? (see pic below). note that the pickups are not original. colour of the guitar was originally cherry red (but now sprayed black). guitar is VERY light in weight. my brother also got one, his one actually came in black and was heavier than my one (so different wood then!)

does anyone know what model of tokai sg i have please or any information? i thought it might be sg35 but the horns do not look like the sg35 model and also, i thought the sg35 is china, not korea?

i cannot on the internet find another tokai sg which has the 'strange horns' like mine.

tokai.jpg

That model was only around for a very short time..... the asymetrical shape was an effort to avoid copyright issues (it came out the same time as the Love Rock with the shorter horn at the cutaway)

This SG always reminded me of the ESP Viper:

http://www.musiikkijarvenpaa.fi/images/sahkokitarat/ESP_ltd_Viper-50_BLK.jpg

Back