Burny FLG? on Rinkya

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnA said:
Koubayashi said:
MIJvintage said:
I have owned several RLG Super Grade Models from early/mid 1980s examples to late 1980s examples

weights have ranged from 8 lb. 0 oz. to 10 lb. 8 oz.

the 8 lb. 0 oz. one had a 1 pc. body & was the deadest of them all :lol:

best sounding ones usually run in the 8 lb. 10 oz. to 8 lb. 15 oz. range ............

You are aware that the world outside the US converted to the metric system ages ago :wink: ???

Can't we agree that everyone on the forum uses the metric system :D

You're fogetting the UK, who 'officially' adopted the metric system in 1970 and have largely ignored it ever since :D Cultural differences should be encouraged, it makes the world a more interesting place :wink:

Yes we should all use the metric system and also drive on the right side of the road :)

muccax said:
hi
i think it is like 4 kg ,,,,, :D
I have almost the identical 81' FLG90 as Otto has, similar weight aswell. or 8.8lbs for Americans. I noticed the neck on mine feels slimmer at the 12th fret than the 1st though. Very resonant and lively aswell! :D

Thanks Rich for the weight conversion table.......You know........ I needed to speak to a Japanese visitor at my resort today... guess what forum members............... I used a google translator...... touchdown....... so ..... The world is different... we all have to adapt.... just like this forum !!!.........Aloha from Maui... :D

hi
mine is the same ....Very resonant and lively aswell ....
it has a one piece body and a one piece neck ..... no heel cap ... it did have feb ,,,, but it has been refreted ,,,, but you can still see it ...
all the best
otto

muccax said:
hi
mine is the same ....Very resonant and lively aswell ....
it has a one piece body and a one piece neck ..... no heel cap ... it did have feb ,,,, but it has been refreted ,,,, but you can still see it ...
all the best
otto

This one has atleast 2 pieces in the body.
two pieces is visible just from the picture.

But if suckers wanna pay top dollars for it....Their wallet :D

muccax said:
i got one just like this one.... but mine has super grade on the head and not that kind off turners .... got it from nils moller it is the one on his page about burny ..... and it does not have a small neck ..... it is not as big as my greco egc 800 from 81 ... but not a skinny 60 neck ,,,
all the best
otto

Does Nils sell guitars?

http://proxy.f3.ymdb.yahoofs.jp/users/4883fe9b_136f4/bc/37b8/__hr_/7ede.jpg?BCEpw1LBgv3LkG6j

It is REALLY tough to say that is a 2 piece body Koub. Judging from the grain, I would say it is quite possible it is a 1 piece. Also the large photos of the sides and edges of the guitar are the tell tale places you will see piece seams and from the large pics he posted, I do not see any. Besides, it is fairly well known that the 90, 150, and 240's all had 1 piece bodies from this time period.

Ofcourse it is hard to say from pics.
But there is a straight line that really looks like the seam.

I would never buy this as a one piece without inspecting it IRL.

hi
i dont know if he sell guitars now ,,,,, i got this one 3 years ago from him ,,he lives in denmark too .... so we some times talk about guitars ,,,
all the best
otto

That one would have been approx 1700 EURO to my door. A bit steep if you find out you do not like it and want to sell it. :eek:

otto, I remember now when he was selling those because he had gotten some high end navigators, and he described the necks as slim not fat. To bad for me becasue I like the bigger necks better :)

bart said:
That one would have been approx 1700 EURO to my door. A bit steep if you find out you do not like it and want to sell it. :eek:

otto, I remember now when he was selling those because he had gotten some high end navigators, and he described the necks as slim not fat. To bad for me becasue I like the bigger necks better :)

More or less impossible to sell them att that price over here.

And yeah, my experience of older Burnys is that they have rather slim necks.
But I like to have a couple fatties and a couple of slims :D

if you want big necks .... go for the 82 greco egc ...... i got 4 from 81-82 and the have huge neck ,,,,,, i mean big huge necks ,,,,,, when you get a guitar with a slim 60 neck you think it is a toy :D :D :D :D :D
all the best
otto

Yeah, Those early 82' Mint Collections seam to have fat necks. I have a 82' eg59-70 with a fat neck.

Back