broken headstock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric guzzi

Reaction score
hello,
yesterday i received my ls-60 from japan - in two pieces....
What a end of year.
Now i'm looking for a new loverock headstock overlay - did anybody in this forum know where i can receive it?
tx for answers and happy new year.
eric guzzi :cry:
[/img]

Surely it would be simpler just to return it and get a new one in perfect condition?

I've heard of gibson overlays being traded online but never tokai...

eric guzzi said:
hello,
yesterday i received my ls-60 from japan - in two pieces....
What a end of year.
Now i'm looking for a new loverock headstock overlay - did anybody in this forum know where i can receive it?
tx for answers and happy new year.
eric guzzi :cry:
[/img]

:eek: Hmmmm... sounds a bit dodgy to me... im guessing u never received an LS60 in the post in 2 pieces....

im thinkin u got a cheap *** les paul copy and decided that u are gonna try to get a Tokai headstock overlay so that u can sell the crappy axe onto some poor soul for a lot more than its actually worth!!!!!

coz i would certainly be sending it back to the company u purchased it from to have either a refund or a replacement....

From Dave

:lol:

:( hey - this is not ok. It was a Tokai LS-60 from 1994 used MIJ and i had it from a well known company in tokio. take a look:
http://www.tcgakki.com/tcgakki/inst/guitar/ajapan.html and scroll down to nr. 55940!!!
I have a lot of MIJ-Guitars and had broken headstock on a edwards e-lp90 last year. The shipping company payed a refound - but without shipping-coasts and they would not the broken guitar (sorry for my english - i am german/french).
So of course a repaired the guitar and now it plays well.
for the tokai its a little bit different, cause the crack is complete and the overlay is fuckin' broken - you understand?
If you want i can mail you pictures - cause i dont know how to upload it on this page (I am a newbie :oops:).
But one thing i know is that this is not a copie of a tokai...
eric guzzi

eric guzzi said:
:( hey - this is not ok. It was a Tokai LS-60 from 1994 used MIJ and i had it from a well known company in tokio. take a look:
http://www.tcgakki.com/tcgakki/inst/guitar/ajapan.html and scroll down to nr. 55940!!!
I have a lot of MIJ-Guitars and had broken headstock on a edwards e-lp90 last year. The shipping company payed a refound - but without shipping-coasts and they would not the broken guitar (sorry for my english - i am german/french).
So of course a repaired the guitar and now it plays well.
for the tokai its a little bit different, cause the crack is complete and the overlay is f&(%^n' broken - you understand?
If you want i can mail you pictures - cause i dont know how to upload it on this page (I am a newbie :oops:).
But one thing i know is that this is not a copie of a tokai...
eric guzzi

dude i was only fooling around dont take it to heart man....

i thought u bought a new one thats why i said i would have sent it back for a replacement...

doesnt the company u purchased it from not give any kind of warranty or insurance to cover things like this...

i know i wouldnt be buying a used guitar from abroad unless it had some kind of insurance because a lot of couriers dont give a toss what is inside a box...

i used to work in a guitar store and we used to get quite a lot of guitars delivered to us with the headstocks snapped off, or even whole necks being detached from the bodys this damage has obviously happened when the guitar is being delivered because the companys always did thorough checks on the goods before they dispatched them from their warehouses....

courier guys should take a bit more care with parcels and stuff not just toss them about in the back of their van's/ships....

by the way to display pics on the forum u must first upload them to somewhere like www.photobucket.com ( u will need to create an account with them first) then u need to use the img tags when u are creating ur message like this but without the spaces inbetween the characters...

[ img ] www.yourimageURLhere.com[ / img ]

and just put the web address of your images in between the img tags fairly straight forward....#

From Dave

Hey Eric,

I feel for ya getting that guitar all brokeup like that. You know these online forums get pretty testy sometimes ( you should see fur flying on the Cuban Cigar forums I associate myself with, LOL). But these guys mean well, sometimes the TONE of a post might come across kinda salty (especially when you're feeling a little downtrodden via this breakage).

I know you're proud to own a TOKAI, who wouldn't be. But to help you along sorta, there is a guy on eBay selling Gibson headstock overlays for Les Pauls, check this one out, even though it is for a CUSTOM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7377308328&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

Kinda pricey too....

Good Luck

BigMike

In 1998 I received an Orville by Gibson Les Paul Custom that was *almost* in two pieces (the headstock and the rest of it).

But of course Ishibashi had sent it insured. It took a couple of months for them to process an insurance claim, but eventually they sent me a replacement guitar (which arrived in one solid piece) at no extra cost to me. All was well in the end.

Good Luck to you.

bigmike said:
Hey Eric,

I know you're proud to own a TOKAI, who wouldn't be. But to help you along sorta, there is a guy on eBay selling Gibson headstock overlays for Les Pauls, check this one out, even though it is for a CUSTOM:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7377308328&indexURL=0#ebayphotohosting

Kinda pricey too....

Good Luck

BigMike

Try this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GIBSON-FULL-FACE-DECAL-IN-VINYL-CHROME-LES-PAUL-MODEL_W0QQitemZ7377075153QQcategoryZ33040QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Check out his store for full instuctions

Les

Hi Eric,

I have a LS50 Reborn,It had a broken headstock and lost it's logo when it was repaired ,

My repairer contacted Tokai and they couldn't help because it said Les Paul Reborn,not love rock,so he had to make his own.

I'd take a couple of photo's of the guitar damage and send them to tokai and see if they could help you out

Watto

Thanks for your answers and your help. we will see - i sended pictures to the tokai company - maybe they can help me, cause i dont want a gib-logo on the headstock.... :wink:

happy new year
eric guzzi

Latest posts

Back