Big"V".....What is this?????

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serial number.

Your pots are NOBLE which I don't believe have a date code.

That 5 digit is a Fender style serial number (Feb 1982- Spring1986).

That number range puts it roughly in 1985 I would say.

According to the previous owner, the TTE55N of this age should be a three-piece, but this guitar is two-piece. In fact, it is glued at the center. Is this grade guitar a three-piece at this time of year?

One stamp on the front pickup cavity is "4-90" and the other is stamped from upside down and can be read as "AN". Is AN an antique natural? This guitar is closer to amber than ordinary natural. How do I interpret 4-90?

According to the previous owner, the TTE55N of this age should be a three-piece, but this guitar is two-piece. In fact, it is glued at the center. Is this grade guitar a three-piece at this time of year?
2 or 3 piece I believe. And by 1985 the added cost for the color seems to have disappeared.

Another Tokai curiousity.

One stamp on the front pickup cavity is "4-90" and the other is stamped from upside down and can be read as "AN". Is AN an antique natural? This guitar is closer to amber than ordinary natural. How do I interpret 4-90?
I think that is blurred stamp over another. Should be N and V.

We still have not figured out what V, X, Z, etc. mean.

Here's a current example.

Mint ST55

This guitar should be a TST60 in 1982 (premium color + painted headstock).

55 sticker. Apparently no upcharge for the color.

Lots of other examples.

According to the catalog, it is alder, but only this natural was 5000 yen upcharged, 55000 yen. So I think it's a different wood. No matter how you look at it, it doesn't look like alder.

4 is April. The second number is up for debate. Seems to be some sort of lot number or something similar.

Last edited:
Back