Best vintage Japan SG ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the crappy pic, but it's an old one. I'm away from home and only have this pic available on my laptop. I ought the guitar when the most iconic music shop in my town (same owner since it opened in the 50's) had a sale after the old man sadly had passed away about six years ago.

It's from '01, and someone had installed SD 59's in it, and they sound great. This SG was my ticket into this obsessive Tokai world. :) Don't know what model it is, perhaps a SG60-65? The neck is quite thick, but I like it on this perticular guitar.

I recommend everyone to try a Tokai SG simular to mine, and I can imagine that more high end models would be a very nice experience.

Not vintage, but i've got a nice oil stain Bacchus SG that's worth playin'.

sl5q39.jpg

The Burny SGs are fantastic. The pickups in my old '85(?) were a bit congested sounding, but the guitar was a great player. Mine always reminded me of SG era Cream/Clapton after a pickup and electronics swap. I sold it to a friend who owned a beast of a Gibson VOS. His Gibson was one of the loudest brashest guitars...he loved the Burny because it had a more old school tone.

Any owners of an early '80s Greco SS-500 here? It's their take of a SG Special with P90s. Now that's one guitar I'd love to have..

Any SG with P90's are awesome.
Love the later 80s Greco SS85's, they rarely come up but one ended the other day and would have nabbed it if I hadn't got this Greco.
Love the Mint Collection stuff.

12916683493_63dc7ed5e0_b.jpg

Latest posts

Back