• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Bacchus strat and Tokai SG-155

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Willie Style

Reaction score
Hey guys, downsizing time. I've got these on Craigslist locally, and soon to be on the 'bay, but thought I'd give forum members a heads up as well. Both are in great shape except for the SG with the nick on the headstock from the factory. Take a look at the pics and let me know if you have any questions.

Jason

2-1.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

F**K !!!! i'm only a short drive away but i just bought a breezy and i'm out of money for guitars for a while. Isn't that always the way !!!

BTW how much you want for each of them ???

Thanks Marcus. By the way, I think it's worth mentioning that the wiring on the strat has been changed a little. I got the nasty treble bleed or whatever the hell that is (tone-sucker) taken out and vintage style wiring job done, with an orange drop cap.

Jason

Big Willie Style said:
Thanks Marcus. By the way, I think it's worth mentioning that the wiring on the strat has been changed a little. I got the nasty treble bleed or whatever the hell that is (tone-sucker) taken out and vintage style wiring job done, with an orange drop cap.

Jason

Did you notice a big difference after that? I've kept both of mine stock... love the pickups but always interested in tone enhancements.

Hi Marcus,

I'm not the original owner so I'm not sure if that setup in the picture was stock or not. But I found that the middle knob destroyed the tone and just made it sound like a muddy, $50 pawn shop guitar. Sounds MUCH better now, to my ears anyways! Wish sound could improve through my fingers as quickly as a soldering iron!

Jason

SG155 as in 155.000 yen suggested retail price?

So a real Tokai SG Japanese mid range top model akin to my LS150?

I'm interested since a good SG is something I really want and Gibson can't deliver... :)

Hi Coolguy,

Yes, a real 155,000 yen Japanese model, now actually SG-185, and listing for slightly over 190,000 on Tokai's website. If you like, pm me with any questions you have and maybe we can work something out.

Jason

Both now on the 'bay:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170725568007?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/170726253299?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

:eek:

Jason

I'd snatch that SG right away if only I could get this brand new LP Trad sold which I received from a trade recently.

Coolguy said:
I'd snatch that SG right away if only I could get this brand new LP Trad sold which I received from a trade recently.

That SG is easily up there with a Gibson 61 reissue.... if not better and they don't pop up very often (for good reason)

marcusnieman said:
Coolguy said:

That SG is easily up there with a Gibson 61 reissue.... if not better and they don't pop up very often (for good reason)

Judging by the insane quality I got when buying my LS150 online (I took a leap of faith quality-wise, I had never played a Tokai before), I can imagine a Tokai instrument of that value/numbering will be at least as great a player as my Love Rock - and that's why I want one.

2.5 WEEK OLD GIBSON LP TRAD Y U NO SELL FOR ANY DECENT OFFER?!

y-u-no.png

Latest posts

Back