Aaaargh! My eyes! Make it stop! 'Relic' Goldstar...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chipps

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOKAI-GOLDSTAR-SOUND-BEAUTIFUL-1984-STRATOCASTER_W0QQitemZ110450063895

Oh, and ?1000...

Surely a joke? Please?

:lol: Yeah I saw that one. I've asked for some more pics, just for a laugh. I'm always curious to see how well (or not!) people relic a guitar. Yes the price is a touch on the optimistic side - if anyone pays that, more fool them.

Mike

I saw that too, like having pins stuck in my eyes. :x From that photo alone, it looks rubbish. Body paint has been scrubbed aimlessly without regard to recreating a convincing pattern of incidental wear and tear. Maybe, foregoing the forearm wear, he has unwittingly created a Jeff Healey tribute guitar. :roll:

Not too keen on the weird psychology in the listing either, " COME HOME TO HAPPINESS, I reliced the neck, BEAUTIFUL, transfer was removed, BEAUTIFUL, sorry, HAPPINESS."

Close spaced 12th fret dots would seem to indicate the neck should be from a Tokai '64 replica which would have a separate maple fingerboard.

The ebayer's avatar is hongkong silver - what do you expect from a man like him??!! Even the parrot on his shoulder would be more righteous than him ... sometimes having read a few good books will pay off :)

Latest posts

Back