A Big Thank You - First Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBUK

Reaction score
Hi,

A big thank you to all at the Tokai Forum. :D

I have been lurking for a while reading new and old posts trying to glean as much info as I can about Loverocks. I have been looking at buying a Les Paul type guitar for a while and was looking at a Gibson Les Paul Studio, but have been put off by recent Gibson reviews questioning quality control. After much research here I have finally gone for a LS-150 in Wine Red (one of the ones from Coda Music UK, thanks mlivingstone).

It arrived this morning and on first impressions looks and sounds fanatastic.

This is my second guitar I have a Yamaha Pacifica 812v with SD JB at the bridge and two SD SSL1 single coils.

Thanks LBUK

Nice one LB

Mine arrived this morning also and I'm dead chuffed to say the least. It arrived in a Gibson box. Bloody typical I thought - they've sent me a Tokai copy by mistake!! :lol:

Cheers

Mark L

Thanks Mark

Mine also came in a Gibson box.

Hans

Glad to be here. I'll try and post some pictures when I can stop playing

LBUK

Congratulations on your purchase to you both, it's a fab guitar and I bet you'll love it.

I also have one of these in honeyburst , bought from Coda in Luton.

Enjoy!

Mark

It will be a week or so before I'll have time to sort some pictures out.

I'll post as soon as I have them.

Your LS-150 looks great.

LBUK

Mark

Your LS-150 looks great.

LBUK

Many thanks. I'm very happy with it as you seem to be with yours. A quick question. Did you receive the unattached pickguard with yours?

Mark

Mark

Yes I did, it was cunningly concealed on the end of the Gibson box covered with lots of brown tape. It was as if they nearly forgot to put it in.

LBUK

OK

Here's my 150 in violin finish.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/150s011.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/150s008.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/150s007.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/150s006.jpg

God that's beautiful. :eek:

I can't imagine how nice my vintage natural is gonna be.

Cheers for the pics.

Thanks for the pictures!

It is great!

What about that ashdown amp for guitar? I have one ashdown for bass but I've never tried one for guitar.

Deadman wrote

God that's beautiful.

Many thanks. From what I've seen the vintage natural finish really brings out the flame and contrasts nicely with the mahogany. Should be a distinctive and classy Love Rock.

Cheers

Mark L

Ganzua

I'm pretty happy with the Ashdown amp (Peacemaker 40) now.

Reviews on Harmony Central are mixed re reliability. I haven't had any problems as I only use it at home and even then fairly rarely.

I was initially disappointed at home volume levels - not surprising with a 40 watt class A - hence the THD hotplate. This works 'almost' perfectly although I find the maximum attenuation (-16db) sucks too much tone while -12db is still a little loud. Sounds glorious though. Even when cranked its not a high gain amp - more vintage voiced - but my old Marshall Guvnor on the front end sorts this out nicely.

AFAIK Peacemakers are no longer available new - just the more metal themed Fallen Angel combos with DSP fx inbuilt.

If I were doing it again for home use I would probably go for a very low power valve amp like Cornford Harly or Matamp Minimat. Just can't seem to get on with modellers.

Cheers

Mark L

mlivingstone said:
Deadman wrote

God that's beautiful.

Many thanks. From what I've seen the vintage natural finish really brings out the flame and contrasts nicely with the mahogany. Should be a distinctive and classy Love Rock.

Cheers

Mark L

Itr'd be easy for me to go with the flow and get a sunburst model (My wife suggested I buy the blue!)

They're all beautiful but this is about choosing something that I REALLY want. I'll post photos when it arrives. I'm already thinking about some zebras for it. :wink:

Latest posts

Back