1999 LS70F and Love Rock Reborn comparisons.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nonvintage

Reaction score
Just curious but I have a 1999 LS70F and it sounds amazing with the stock pickups. But I'm wondering how they compare to an older Reborn or early Love Rock? I got mine in 2000 and never bonded with it til recently because it wouldn't stay in tune. Needless to say a little sandpaper and lube to the nut fixed that. Now It's changing my style cos' I've played strats for the last 20 years.

Nonvintage said:
Now It's changing my style cos' I've played strats for the last 20 years.

DON'T DO IT! GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE THE CHANCE!!!!

:wink:

FWIW: I had a 1980 Love Rock for a while (an "inkie"). I sold it because my '99 LS70F blew it away.

I really rate the '99 models, all the Love Rocks from that year that I've seen have been superb. The mahogany backs were dense/close grained, which give a really dense tone to the guitar (IMO again). The down side to this is that they do weigh a fair bit, but if they sound and play that good, I for one can live with the weight!!! ;)

My 98 Ls70-F is HEAVY at 4.6kg BUT>>>>>>>>>
The tone , the volume and the FEEL, she's my number one player!!!!!!
I'm having a gig tomorrow night, The TOKAI is a must, then can't make up my mind re a Strat or a LP Jr????

I know the Tokai will have the mainstay of the gig

I have found both to be good guitars, but the newer one IMO feel and sound better to me. I know that doesn't help much, but to me that's all that matters. I picked up a LS-135 and sold my historic - as I liked this so much more.

In the end, all that matters, you need to be happy with it. I try to stay away from the collectable/vintage thing these days.

Take care

kevin

Latest posts

Back