• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1984 Goldstar Sound neck for sale. Strat Style Headstock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Hepcat

Reaction score
Hi,

Although this is a new user name for me, I was around here in 2003 under my other moniker-boogie02130. I can't seem to access that account, hence the new name. For reputations sake, you can also check out my ebay sales rep under the name, boogie02130. I have a 1984 Goldstar Sound "Oldies But Goldies" Strat style neck with the original headstock shape. I bought the guitar new in 1984 and have replaced the neck on it with a fatter tele neck. Since I just took this neck off, I'd prefer to sell it to an interested party. I'm not sure what to ask but I know I won't let it go for less than $125.00 & shipping. If this seems out of line, please feel free to let me know, as I won't be offended.
Here's the description:
It's a vintage 56 style neck (as Tokai put it). 7.25 radius with a nitro finish (I believe). I had it refretted with medium Jumbo frets and the fret board is currently unfinished. Non original tuning pegs (I think they're Gotoh reissues but I'm not certain), Graph-tech nut and a newer Fender string tree. The neck plays beautifully and was strung up until recently. It's got it's share of road wear commensurate with a 23 year old neck and the finish on the back of the neck is true relic-ing!! There are some printed initials at the bottom of the neck where the truss rod ends that look like OHG and another stamped marking that looks a little like a W. One of the screwholes started splitting but was glued with a good wood glue and there are no issues with it's stability. Cosmetically it appears as a 1.5" surface crack. I've tried to be very accurate here with my description and I do have some pictures available. I'm guessing that shipping in the US (with mandatory insurance) would run around $15.00.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send pictures to you
tokaiheadstock.jpg
[/img]
tokaiheadstock4.jpg

tokaiheadstock3.jpg

tokaiheadstock2.jpg

tokaiheadstock9.jpg

tokaiheadstock8.jpg

tokaiheadstock7.jpg

tokaiheadstock6.jpg

tokaiheadstock5.jpg

I think it's been established that no Goldstars had a nitro finish, so it must be poly. Unless anyone else knows differently....

Mike

They did do a Goldstar ST-80 but the chances are greater with me winning the lottery twice than it being one. :p

I believe the guitar is a TST-56. As I said in the first message, I wasn't sure if it was a nitro finish. I'm still not convinced that it isn't. The way that it's worn is reminiscent of a nitro finish, as most poly finishes don't wear like this, even after 23 years.

Thanks for the comments!~

It would help your chances of selling it if you posted a pic or two on here. And then the rest of us can have a look too :D

Mike

I'd be glad to post some pix. Not sure on how to do that. If you let me know I'll gladly put some up.

Thanks

Sure, read this:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9012

Once you've loaded your pics onto photobucket (or any other similar site, if you prefer), post a link here, or post the link between the buttons you see when you make a post - then the pics will be imbedded in the text. Like this:

[img]http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x153/stratman323/Misc/worthlessrt9.gif

:lol:

It's easier than it sounds! If you get stuck, come back and ask. Someone will help you - we all like to see pics of Tokais etc, even if we don't necessarily want to buy them!

Mike

stratman A Goldstar ST-60 on E-Bay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-Tokai-Goldstar-ST60-High-Quality-Strat-Clone-WOW_W0QQitemZ320182259136QQihZ011QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dr Hepcat said:
Thanks Stratman,

As you can see the photo's are up. Let me know what you think?

Looks good to me. If I was in the market for a maple neck, I might make you an offer. But I'm not, so good luck. :p

Mike

Rossi said:
stratman A Goldstar ST-60 on E-Bay at the moment:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1984-Tokai-Goldstar-ST60-High-Quality-Strat-Clone-WOW_W0QQitemZ320182259136QQihZ011QQcategoryZ112670QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Yeah I've done a new post about this one in the eBay section. The guy is claiming that it's nitro, but we know it isn't, don't we? I suspect he knows it too... :evil:

Mike

Back