1982 LS100 with P90s??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacco

Reaction score
I always thought these were LS70s. The seller claims that because it has feb & nitro finish it's a 100..

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/TOKAI-LS-100-Love-Rock-56-GOLDTOP-P-90s-82-Japan-Fret-edge-binding-Nitro-/390342628993?pt=Guitar&hash=item5ae23bd681#ht_1602wt_1159

I believe Glen owns one, maybe he can chime in and tell us if his has feb & nitro finish.

If this part of the description didn't make you scratch your head...

What are you talking about? said:
Note: In this era, Tokai Love Rocks above LS-80 had fret edge binding and the 100's had nitro. This has both and that is why I'm calling this an LS-100.

Then the price certainly will :)

Its my understanding that LS100s of that era never came with P90s. My '81 LS70 does had fret edge binding and 18? head, I've never tested for nitro, although my guess is that it is. I think its an LS70 from where I'm sitting!
Great guitar all the same.
The one thing that 'might' give it some credence as a 'special order 100' would be if it definitely had a 1-piece back (LS70's were 2-piece as far as I'm aware).

It's an LS-70 until proven otherwise. Without a sticker, or marking inside the pickup cavities, or hangtag, just another case of seller with wishful thinking, creative writing, and pricing to match :)

wishbonz said:
Its my understanding that LS100s of that era never came with P90s. My '81 LS70 does had fret edge binding and 18? head, I've never tested for nitro, although my guess is that it is. I think its an LS70 from where I'm sitting!
Great guitar all the same.
The one thing that 'might' give it some credence as a 'special order 100' would be if it definitely had a 1-piece back (LS70's were 2-piece as far as I'm aware).

The 1982 catalog states 18 degree headstock angle on the LS70, so I would expect other higher end specs like feb indeed. Still interested if yours is nitro Glen!

jacco said:
Can you comment on the nitro part?

jacco, I have not tested it. It does have several lacquer-looking checks on it. It has the identical look/finish to a 1981 LS-80 GT that I once owned at the same time.

And I guess the price asked is really unrealistic.
I?d never pay that amount.

Exchanged some mails with the seller, he seems pretty nice but indeed a bit stubborn; he says because of the 1P back & nitro finish it's more than a 70, changed the auction description saying that.

And if you keep sailing west, you'll fall off the edge of the Earth..

Just because someone thinks it, doesn't make it so. I think we're all pretty much agreed.

My '81 LS-75 AG has a nitro finish, 18 degree headstock, and fret edge binding. No way this is more than an LS-70.

Latest posts

Back