1979 Greco Limited Edition EG1200... wtf?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanC

Reaction score
Certainly appears to be a solid top too...

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d109070827

Yeah definitely a solid top.
51cd.jpg

But he, no Dry Z and crack neck..........
718f.jpg

pre runners to the super reals, only made for about 4-6 months, lovely looker, but fuji-gen very very rarely made 1 piece backed guitars in this era, unlike tokai who had 1 piece for the LS-80's and above, no sound difference as far as i can tell though.

villager said:
pre runners to the super reals, only made for about 4-6 months, lovely looker, but fuji-gen very very rarely made 1 piece backed guitars in this era, unlike tokai who had 1 piece for the LS-80's and above, no sound difference as far as i can tell though.

Please educate me on this one..
Where these made in a overlapping period with the earlier pancake bodied LPs or clearly after that?
Did Greco start with the Super Real series in 1979?

Thanks, Jacco

villager said:
after the pancake, before the superreals which started late 79

interesting mark. so is it basically a super real without greco pups? build specs wise is it really any different?

not really no, the necks generally are slightly slimmer than the superreals, although the early 79 super reals are thinner too, build is the same overall, i think it was the start of the super real series really, but i dont like the look of the neck crack after studying it hard...

although I may bid if it stays low and get it repaired professionally, not sure yet, its very rare and i would like a solid topped ltd edn as i dont have one as yet,

Thanks Mark,

Do these also have a model designation?
And do all limited editions have a solid top?

I still think the 3 piece back with a solid 2 piece flamed top is a strange combination..

villager said:

This is a Matsumoku made model however, no? Fujigen didn't take over Greco production until August of 1982 or there about. Doweled neck tenon like the Super Real's (not including the Fujigen Super Real transitional models) etc are a Mats trademark. Or were you just giving Fujigen's construction as an example for 1 pieced back at the time?

You know, I figured these Limited Editions were rare...one appeared on Yahoo about 4 months ago. It was a gold top and sold for only 30K! Man, I knew I should have bought it but I had not heard of them and wondered if they were legit.

Udonitron said:
villager said:

This is a Matsumoku made model however, no? Fujigen didn't take over Greco production until August of 1982 or there about. Doweled neck tenon like the Super Real's (not including the Fujigen Super Real transitional models) etc are a Mats trademark. Or were you just giving Fujigen's construction as an example for 1 pieced back at the time?

You know, I figured these Limited Editions were rare...one appeared on Yahoo about 4 months ago. It was a gold top and sold for only 30K! Man, I knew I should have bought it but I had not heard of them and wondered if they were legit.

?
I always thought Fujigen made Greco LPs from the mid 70s on and Greco Fender replicas were made by Matsumoku.

Oh wait..it was Kanda not Mats, right? Or was it...wait didn't Matsumoku make some of the Fender replicas? I swore Mats made the Les Paul replicas until 82 when Fujigen took over? Mark...chime in

Back