Need help to identify Tokai Old reborn series guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alisher

Reaction score
Hello everyone!
I can't find the correct information for this guitar.
At first_I thought it was Ls 135q model_ but on the headstock it says Reborn old, not love rock model
Specifications:
Body_one piece mahogany
Top _ two piece quilted maple ( maybe maple veneer)
neck_ one piece mahogany, rosewood fingerboard, thick profile
nitro finish.
Serial _ 1534375_ made in Japan.
Sorry for my English :)

http://imgur.com/a/kudcahx

Seems to have been made for the German market? 2015 model?

"Reborn Old" is a decal on the headstock instead of "Love Rock", identical guitars, different decals.

The Tokai.de "Reborn Old" models have slightly different specs...read the specs carefully...but, underneath the special specs is a regular Tokai "Love Rock".

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=21571

Thanks a lot! Can you tell me which model it is? I got this guitar on an exchange in Kiev. I forgot to write, there the bridge is screwed right into the body. This guitar sounds very fat and has a lot of sustain. But I don't like the balance of the pickups, the bridge has very little bass and feels less powerful than a neck pickup. Although I measured the resistance_neck 8+K, the bridge is 12+ K. I can't understand what the problem is.

I have no idea of the model. I don't know much at all about this line of guitars.

Looks like a quilt top. Probably veneer.

And I would just switch out the pickups if you like the guitar otherwise. I tend to like a PAF sound (8k ohm range) and really like the older DiMarzio PAFs that Tokai put in a lot of Love Rocks in the early 80s. But lots out there to choose from.

Alisher said:
Thanks a lot! Can you tell me which model it is? I got this guitar on an exchange in Kiev. I forgot to write, there the bridge is screwed right into the body. This guitar sounds very fat and has a lot of sustain. But I don't like the balance of the pickups, the bridge has very little bass and feels less powerful than a neck pickup. Although I measured the resistance_neck 8+K, the bridge is 12+ K. I can't understand what the problem is.

The specs are probably identical to the LS135Q. The quilt top will definitely be a veneer but you can check but comparing the walls of the pickup cavity to the surface of the top. While you are doing that check for written markings in the pickup cavity and have a look at the pickups to check for brand stickers. Check the bridge hardware for branding details while you have the strings off.

8k neck and 15k bridge is not necessarily a problem but maybe somebody changed the pickups.

Latest posts

Back