Breezy Sound and Love Rock / Tele and Les Paul Questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vashypoo

Reaction score
Hey all, have a couple questions regarding a couple guitars. I am looking for a Tele and a Les Paul Jr/Special at the moment. I have a Silver Star and absolutely love it, probably my favourite guitar I have ever owned, so I want to keep looking in the MIJ/replica area for the Tele and LP. my questions are:

1. Is there a specific Breezysound, or maybe a Greco/Fernandes equivalent that I should look out for? I personally dig the CBS-era stuff but am finding it a little harder to identify the Tele copies, as I have less experience with them personally and am finding less information on them online.

2. Did Tokai (or any other companies manufacturing replica guitars via Matsumoku) do a Les Paul Jr or Special during the replica era? I know they have the LSS series now, but I am not sure what the quality of the current ones is vs the vintage replicas. I have not played any of the new ones but if I had the option I would go for an older model. Looking through catalogues though, it doesn't seem like they did Jrs or Specials during the late 70s/early 80s.

Any tips would be great!

vashypoo said:
Sigmania said:

i saw that as well! it seems like they definitely make Specials, and Jr's with the double cutaway, but it seems hard to find a yellow Jr. with a single cutaway, tokai or otherwise... not sure if they ever did? guess I'll just have to keep looking.

That was a single cutaway. Are you looking for a double cutaway?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tokai-TJ1...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Back