Extremely rare Sonix 54 type gold top on Yahoo Japan

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitar hiro

Tokai Supporter
Reaction score
This is an extremely rare Sonix 54 style gold top :eek: pretty much the proverbial 'unicorn' if you will.
Looks to have a 1 piece body back too. 8)
Top spec here so, if you're on the hunt for a top shelf MIJ 54 type goldie then this is your chance.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/n483865985

Looks nice. I don’t know anything about Deviser guitars. Obviously well made. And in Hamamatsu?

here is an interesting bit on the history of Deviser, now 30 years old in 2021.
https://www.deviser.co.jp/en/feature/deviser-30th-anniversary-special-page/deviser-timeline

I own a few Deviser brands, namely Bacchus, Momose, and Sonix.
The quality of the higher end products are based on a hand made concept.
Consistency of materials & workmanship is as good as any maker I have seen.

I went through about 7, or 8 (MIJ) Les Paul Specials, sold them all, and then found a Sonix from 2010.
Best LP Spc. I have ever owned. Found another one this year, and it's even better.
I have two of the best LP Specials I have ever owned, both from Sonix, made by Deviser. :)

I'm sure the 54 type in the YJ link is a killer Les Paul.
I have a Sonix 56 type goldie that is within the serial number range of the 54 type.
It is basically a rebranded Momose. Fantastic 56 type goldie & with a huge neck to boot. :)

If you like Les Pauls with FAT necks, you should check out Deviser. :wink:

over 2 1/2 days to go before the listing ends, with 23 bids, and a current high bid of 101,000 yen.

Looks like nobody wants this. :lol:

I’m not bidding. Let us know if you win it. Beautiful guitar and no logo on the headstock. Super cool factor.

looked like the very same Sonix 54 type goldie had been listed on YJ again & sold for 130K, after it recently sold previously for 136K.

It was a beautiful guitar. I just don't need a P-90 guitar right now.

As an aside, these old gold tops always remind me of the early Budweiser cans from the 1930s....

WqCnrrB.jpg

wU8hdK2.jpg

One of the first things I collected. :)

Latest posts

Back