Tokai TA35 - help please!?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGTips

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm new here but I'm a proud owner of a Breezysound, 28 years and counting.

Anyhow, a couple of weeks back I picked up an old (1985?) TA 35 amp. The volume pot is a little scratchy but fine once dialed in. I can live with that for now. Last night however, I was playing through it with the master volume pull boost out to get the Champ style over driven sound. Whilst playing it just seemed to drop away and it sounds really weak and fluctuating in output. Does this sound familiar to anybody? Has a transistor blown or is it a case of getting some contact spray in there. I really haven't a clue when it comes to amps so any solid state advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Well folks...after a little knob turning and a gentle kick, everything seems to be okay now. So it seems to me nothing has "blown" but a deep clean may be in order.

a tin of contact cleaner is what you need for the potentiometers to get the contacts working and crackle free

Latest posts

Back