Instrument Insurance

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watersxx

Reaction score
Has anyone here got insurance for their instruments or do you not bother?

I just had a thought that it would be quite nice to insure them... just in case anyone decided to break in for some reason when we're away.

In the US your homeowners or renters insurance covers your gear. However when I was gigging all the band equipment, my guitars and amps were on a separate policy with a company that specialized in musicians insurance. Can't remember the name.

as Ned has stated a good home owners policy will offer you some peace of mind when your instruments are at your place of residence

for myself I have coverage that insures most issues that may potentially occur on my property; personal injury, accidental deaths, natural disasters, criminal acts, terrorism, damage to property other than structure, etc., and it covers a multi seven figure amount (for a six figure property 8) ) that covers so much more value than my little guitar collection.

Thing is if you travel with your gear then that's a different story and in that case you will need a rider or a completely different policy

Anyone actually made a claim? I assume deductibles are high on homeowners policies. Haven’t looked at mine.

Also, would you need to schedule or list individual guitars?

When I had renters insurance back in the early 90's I may a claim. Person above us had a water heater break which flooded my apartment. I had pedals under water. Insurance paid without questions.

Today though our deductible is really high. Almost all my stuff would need to be damaged or stolen.

Latest posts

Back