best guitar

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coastalwaste

Reaction score
What is the best the most loved guitar that you ever had/have?

Do you still have it?

I just received 2 guitars from my dad and my uncle, really want to play along with them. I just started..

I just think of those guitars are so meaningful to them. My dad had it since 80s.. it must be very meaningful

I still have my 1960's Harmony ukulele that my dad give me as a little boy ... my first stringed instrument. Like yours, the sentimental value is priceless because you will always think of your father and uncle when you play them. My dad has been gone for about 20 years but every time I look at that little tattered uke, it warms my heart.

8) thanks marcus, a very good story! mine was the gibson 1991 les paul studio in wine red. it had a very unusual figured maple top and also an ebony fretboard. i was into slash very much in those days so i changed the gibson pickups to the SD alnico 2s like slash. it played so smooth and a great sounding/feeling that i loved it so much. i played it for a few years and later very stupidly i sold it. i was young and often very unstable then. i sold it at the real guitars in SF for about $500 i guess if i remember it correctly. it was an consignment deal. i originally bought that guitar at the haight ashbery music center in SF for only $560 w/o a case. its been too many years since but that guitar was the best i ever got. still thinking about it sometimes now and then and wonder who has it now. we dont know what we got til its gone .....j

Back