" 2023 TOKAI FORUM COOL GUITAR CONTEST! "

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAMAMATSU

Reaction score
8) i talked with tokai joe lately and told him that this forum has been so slow lately. tokai joe then suggested me to do the cool guitar contest here again just like he did before. i think its a great idea to do it so lets do it! i leave this contest here for a year, until december of 2023. everybody and any guitar is welcome. in december of 2023, we pick the winners. there are 3 winners possible. one is the tokai forum award. one is the fender-type award. one is the gibson type award. i pick for the tokai forum award and for the fender-type award, "marcusnieman" picks. for the gibson-type award, "luis" picks. these 2 members are the very trusted guys here. and for the 3 award winners, i will send a latest tokai japan catalog as the prize. so what you think everyone? a good fun idea? i really hope so! ok everyone, lets begin the tokai forum cool guitar contest 2023 now! thank you! joey hamamatsu.

Last edited:
Here's what I call one stop shoppin'

2wfrbrt.jpg

HAMAMATSU said:
8) i talked with tokai joe lately and told him that this forum has been so slow lately. tokai joe then suggested me to do the cool guitar contest here again just like he did before. i think its a great idea to do it so lets do it! i leave this contest here for a year, until december of 2019. everybody and any guitar is welcome. in december of 2019, we pick the winners. there are 3 winners possible. one is the tokai forum award. one is the fender-type award. one is the gibson type award. i pick for the tokai forum award and for the fender-type award, "marcusnieman" picks. for the gibson-type award, "luis" picks. these 2 members are the very trusted guys here. and for the 3 award winners, i will send a latest tokai japan catalog as the prize. so what you think everyone? a good fun idea? i really hope so! ok everyone, lets begin the tokai forum cool guitar contest 2019 now! thank you! joey hamamatsu.

Sounds like fun but it'll be hard to pick a favorite "one" - kind of like being asked which of your children do you love the most?

Are we just judging upon the images OR are we taking into consideration the condition, the rarity of the guitar, the value ..... or all of these?

1981 LS80
qqA99EF.jpg

1981 LS80
n0vH08t.jpg

2010 LS95s
PaRxKha.jpg

1980 ST-100
w4ZTT9D.jpg

1981 ST-65r
uGC5Zch.jpg

2017 AST154SH-SEB (ash/spruce/ash)
D8snYdJ.jpg

2017 Tokai Jazz Bass ABJ140 SEB (ash/ash/ash
fNggKtX.jpg

2012 P-Bass (APB-Cobra VWH - YUICHI MODEL) (yes this is a Tokai it has the tokai logo on the back of the headstock - Was made for "Cobra" Band from Japan)
AQuyPY4.jpg

1981 CE-2000T
S9zIT7P.jpg

1979 CE-500
wOp2Mgu.jpg
[/list]

marcusnieman said:
HAMAMATSU said:
8) i talked with tokai joe lately and told him that this forum has been so slow lately. tokai joe then suggested me to do the cool guitar contest here again just like he did before. i think its a great idea to do it so lets do it! i leave this contest here for a year, until december of 2019. everybody and any guitar is welcome. in december of 2019, we pick the winners. there are 3 winners possible. one is the tokai forum award. one is the fender-type award. one is the gibson type award. i pick for the tokai forum award and for the fender-type award, "marcusnieman" picks. for the gibson-type award, "luis" picks. these 2 members are the very trusted guys here. and for the 3 award winners, i will send a latest tokai japan catalog as the prize. so what you think everyone? a good fun idea? i really hope so! ok everyone, lets begin the tokai forum cool guitar contest 2019 now! thank you! joey hamamatsu.

Sounds like fun but it'll be hard to pick a favorite "one" - kind of like being asked which of your children do you love the most?

Are we just judging upon the images OR are we taking into consideration the condition, the rarity of the guitar, the value ..... or all of these?

8) thanks marcus! it should be by all the right reasons. now show yours!

2014-01-19101339.jpg

I only own one but shes's my #1, my oldest, and my most treasured material possession!

My 2001 LS-200, bought new from Guitar Universe just down the road from the Tokai factory. I still have the warranty card and hang tags. Solid top, 1-piece back, ebony fretboard and lacquer finish.

I put on Grover tuners, a new TRC, Tonepros bridge and Faber aluminum tailpiece/studs. I stripped out the standard electronics and put in an upgraded custom configuration based on the Jimmy Page mod. Pickups are Bareknuckle Mules.

I've never played a neck this perfect, the chunkiness is just right for me and the ebony board is like playing on glass.

My new 2018 Breezysound custom ordered from Tokai. In nitro finish with SEB construction.

Basic Model: ATE98B OTM (Ocean Turquoise Metalic)
SEB body: Ash+Ash+Ash
Canadian Hardmaple:
Canadian Hardmaple Fretboard:
Bridge: Gotoh Ti-TC1 Ni
Tuner: Gotoh SD91 MG-T Ni
Nut: Bone
Fretboard: 9.5 inche Radius
Pickups TE-Vintage MK3 (alnico 5)
Orange Drop Caps:
Controls: 1V, 1T, 3 Way Switch
headstock top painting in OTM
nitrocellulose finish

29boumh.jpg

8yw7tf.jpg

2hqrvkj.jpg

LS180 Honduran Mahogany

ST70

The white one is a Greco RR65

I'll post my Honduran mahogany Tokai Gold Top LP Custom order when I get some pics....

Still need to post pics but I got my hands on a Greco DE-70 double cut Danelectro 59 - the Jimmy Page model like this one:
https://reverb.com/item/6309002-greco-de-70-1980-s-black

Interestingly, the backside of the neck of mine is all black like the body.

Arrived in great shape with the original burgundy leatherette gig bag but needs needs a little work on the stacked pots. The lipstick pickups are pretty fooking awesome though.

Back