• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Tuners for 1980s Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sigmania

Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy folks,

My high E string keeps going out of tune on one of my old Love Rocks. Thinking I have a stripped gear or something?

Anyone have a tuner they are willing to sell?

Thanks!

Nevermind.... it was the string.

I have never seen that before, but the string came unwound down at the tailpiece. The wire that winds around the little bullet thing that anchors the string in the tailpiece came undone. Bizarre.

Leaving this up in case it helps someone else, or if someone else wants to comment.

Sigmania said:
Nevermind.... it was the string.

I have never seen that before, but the string came unwound down at the tailpiece. The wire that winds around the little bullet thing that anchors the string in the tailpiece came undone. Bizarre.

Leaving this up in case it helps someone else, or if someone else wants to comment.

I've had that happen a few times over the years. That is why I keep a few extra small E singles around.

Years ago when I used Fender Super Bullets I never had the issue but I don't care to put Fender Super Bullets on my Gibson style guitars. :lol:

Back