• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai LS 280 P VF Premium Series Les Paul Brazilian Rosewood 2005-Australia only (cannot export, sorry!)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyTokai

Reaction score
Located in Melbourne.

Link to Gumtree ad with pics: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/abbotsford/guitars-amps/tokai-ls-280-p-vf-premium-series-les-paul-brazilian-rosewood-2005/1235296773

Super-rare, 100% original and in excellent condition. Includes original Tokai hard case and pick guard that is yet to be screwed in.

Specs - confirmed by the president of Tokai himself:

Fretboard: BRAZILIAN ROSEWOOD with fret edge binding
Body: HONDURAS MAHOGANY one piece back/hard maple two piece top
Neck: HONDURAS MAHOGANY one piece, long-tenon joint
Amber celluloid position markers
Pickups: J. M. Rolph ‘59 PAF
Finish: NITROCELLULOSE
Nut: cow bone
Pots: CTS
Toggle switch, jack: Switchcraft
Capacitators: Bumblebee
Wire: GE70S
RADIUS: 300R
SCALE: 625/312.5mm
BRIDGE/TAILPIECE/TUNERS: GOTOH
COLOR: VF
WEIGHT: 4.78kg

Price in 2005 (in Japan): 280,000 yen plus 8% tax (approx. $AU4,050, which is over $AU5,500 in today’s terms. [Sources: XE Currency historical exchange rates; Reserve Bank of Australia inflation calculator])

Happy to include tracked, insured shipping Australia wide - however, I encourage interested buyers to inspect, if possible.

$3490 (negotiable)

Price comparison: The cheapest premium models available in Australia are $3,599 at Jade, and these have more basic specs. The only currently produced Les Pauls with similar specs (to my knowledge) are the Navigator LPS and the Tokai LS-390 (both Japanese domestic market only models), neither of which have Brazilian rosewood, and both of which are significantly more expensive. If you want to negotiatie the price, message me with your reasoning.

Back