• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cat's Eye CE-1000 '76

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis

Reaction score
Up for sale my main acoustic guitar. It is a '76 made CE-1000, a Martin D28 replica from the second year Tokai launched CE (Cat's Eye) series, hence a lower production than later years. Yamauchi label signed as it should be.
This guitar has a quality solid spruce top with a lot of "espejuelo" (as spanish greatest guitarreros called bearclaw). According to spanish guitar tradition, classic and flamenco guitars of quality had to have that small waves which guaranteed a good sounding guitar. It seems Tokai knew this luthIery secret too ,because this guitar is plenty of it. Neck is made of beatifull mahogany with a carefully chosed ebony board. SIdes are old times rosewood made.
High action as I like at this time. Original blackTokai Martin replica case included.
In summary, a quality guitar from a great era.

Following some pics....

I am asking 1.500 euro
Only trade accepted: Old 1980-83 Tokai ES-100/150 in good condition or any ES-335, natural finish preferred.

Greetings!

Forgot to mention original tag and small 4 pages book. are include on the sale of course. It is not so common keep them as they get lost with the time usually

hello luis

the TOKAI - 1000 is steel available?

thanks

nir

Hi Luis,
I’m recent member to forum.

Your CE-1000 looks glorious - be a shame for you to sell.

I’m assuming the back and sides are all solid ? What model CE did solid wood for tops, back and sides get introduced - CE-800 and upwards - or does it depend on which year the guitar was made ? Ie could a later made CE-1000 have laminate sides ?

Rgds.

Hi Luis,
Week-end are you from? Is your guitar still available ? Is it possible to have pictures by mail and vidéo with sound ?
I'm in France 😎
Regards

Hi Luis,
Week-end are you from? Is your guitar still available ? Is it possible to have pictures by mail and vidéo with sound ?
I'm in France 😎
Regards

Back