Tokai Jazz Sound MIJ??? Help

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I think you got some bad advice along the way that has made you nervous.

Everyone has an opinion it seems, but it is obvious looking at the catalog shots, the Tokai web link, and multiple listings that Tokai Japan did in fact make Jazz Sound basses with this head stock truss rod adjustment in the Vintage Series. And still does.

One more note. The bass you are buying was made (2014).

The serial number font and application on the lower neck in ink was also used on Fenders made in Japan at this time.

w7S0K01.png

Fender Japan timeline from Wikipedia:

1996/1997: Tōkai Gakki and Dyna Gakki take over the manufacturing contract from FujiGen Gakki.

2015: Fender, Yamano and Kanda Shokai end the Fender Japan joint venture on March 31, 2015. Fender took over the Japanese business effective April 1, 2015.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Japan

Hello, does it happen that "Made in Japan" is missing like here ? What does it means ?
Thanks

That last guitar should say “Made In Japan” if it were Japanese.

Hard to know with one photo, but probably Chinese, possibly Korean.

And possibly even counterfeit or unauthorized.

iRwsDfQ.jpg

Thanks. The seller bought it brand new in a reliable shop in 2017, so it's totally exclued that its a counterfeit.
here some other pics (sorry its not a jazz)

I asked the seller for more pics/informations.

9hnh.jpg

95b6.jpg

hdeh.jpg

The seller bought it brand new in a trusted shop so a counterfeit is totally exclued. However i asked for a copy of the purchase invoice as well as other pics...

You would be surprised at the number of dealers that sell counterfeits. This forum is full of stories like that.

No matter what, it’s definitely not Japanese.

Latest posts

Back