Is this genuine?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy_Joe

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110168301239&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001#ebayphotohosting

I don't know what the signs are but the decal just look a bit dodgey because it looks like you could have stuck it on anything.

Well, the decal does looks ok to me, compare it to my TST-60 neck:

tokaiskalle.jpg

The headstock shape is exactly the same. If you are interested ask the seller if it has "Deluxe" stamped tuners and "Final Prospec" stamped bridge saddles. The color looks like Tokai's metallic red. If the neck is v-shaped ('54 model with round string tree) it might be a TST-60 (poly finish) or 80 (nitro finish).

Mike

Decal looks genuine to me. All of my Tokai's have unlacquered decals, if that's what's bothering you.

Oh right, it just looks a bit unprofessional tis all. How much should i bid for it, i have no idea about strats, but i think it's time i got one!

Everyone should have a Strat, no doubt about that. :p But are you sure that's the one you want? Have you tried enough Strats to know whether you prefer maple or rosewood boards? It's a very subjective decision - there's no better or worse. Personally I prefer rosewood, but I think more maple board guitars are sold. And are you sure that you want a Tokai with active Dimarzio pickups? Or would you rather have a Strat with ordinary passive pickups that actually sounds like a Strat?

Only you can decide these answers. A fair price for that guitar, if you're sure it's what you want? Personally I wouldn't pay over ?300, but Goldstars can go for anything between ?250 & ?350 (?400 tops) on eBay UK. It can pay to watch prices for a while till you see the one you really want. I think most people would agree that the Fender Japan (either MIJ or CIJ) Strats are generally comparable to Toaki Goldstars in both quality & price.

Hope that helps.

Didn't get it in the end, price went up too high.
Yeah thanks for that, it helped.
I know what woods i like, though it doesn't bother me too much because i don't like to stick to one wood on all my guitars, i like each guitar to be different.

Back