Guitar Brokers In Japan On eBay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm something like 150 instruments in buying from Yahoo! Japan Auctions using legit/professional proxy services, Zenmarket for the last 5 or so years. Works like a charm, it's not expensive, the customer service is good, they pack like ninjas and offer dirt cheap surface shipping to us patient old guys. I can't for the life of me see any advantage in taking a detour via an eBay proxy that wont even say he's a proxy and charges a lot more.

Mind you, I know quite a few people who have at some point, and none of them have gotten burned, to my knowledge. It's usually not scams, just people offering a proxy service, but generally without really telling anyone that's what it is. With pro proxies, you take part in live auctions with the possibility of getting bargains, the eBay proxies will just charge you what the listing says, regardless of what they managed to buy the guitar for.

Yep. I used to use Goody Japan.

My point was that these proxy sellers/brokers can actually be anywhere in the world, not just in Japan.

So it's a system where you don't have inventory, and eBay allows anyone to make these listings apparently.

Latest posts

Back