Trying to date my LP Burny

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patlong

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new on this forum and I need help on identifying the production year of this little baby. I bought this guitar from Buyee last month. It's in a beautiful condition, very hight quality made with gorgeous top. I did some research and I found from the Burny catalogs that 1980 is the closest year fort his particular model but the tuners get me wrong. The 1980 Burny FLG were the only year with no script (Luper Grade). It has a Double Ring Tuners but mine as one ring tuners ?

Electronics with paper in oil capasitors from 1980-1983 + VH1 Pickups (seems to be not original from that era)
Solid Maple top, 2 pieces Mahogany back, one piece Mahogany neck with Rosewood.
2 screws trust rod cover

Here is some pictures that might help you.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/11rlNq-eR7O8dDnVYTGG_8Cizj62uwtGn?usp=sharing

Any help will be appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance!

1991 LG-75GR, Slash model made by Fujigen. The pickguard seems to be a third party one added later.

mdvineng said:
Vh1 pups were 85 onwards and fitted to the higher end models. So yours is now an RLG.
Not that kind of VH-1, these are the later ones that became the "one pickup fits all" for the 90's Les Pauls.

Back