First post and Burny questions

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerb

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm new, you can call me cerb and I reside in the south of Sweden. I play guitar, quite a lot. Considering the time I spend playing it's embarassing how bad I sound :lol: I'm a member of a few other guitar forums but figured that one more couldn't hurt (scratching practice time from the calendar).

I have Burny related questions :)

The other day I saw an ad for a Burny SG, a Burny LP, an acoustic Ibanez R001 and a Marshall Valvestate (8080). I only really wanted the SG but the seller wanted to flip everything, or nothing. I got the lot for 1300€ and figured I'd keep busy flipping the ones I didn't want. All three turned out to be amazing guitars, the SG in particular. I actually sold my Gibson SG Standard the next day. I won't keep the Ibanez or the Marshall but the LP gets to stick around. This surprised even me since I really don't like Les Pauls in general. There is something about this one though, however awkeard it feels :eek:

Now, the seller didn't know much about the Burny's although he did remember buying them in the mid 90's from a local store (long since out of business). The SG looks to be completely stock and pretty difficult to date, there aren't even any pot codes. I'm guessing late 80's based on the truss rod cover.

The LP is interesting. It has the metal poker chip switch plate and metal switch tip, like the Randy Rhoads model. The pickguard looks newer nad of course doesn't have Randy Rhoads engraved on it. There are no signs of the switch having been replaced, all solderings look untouched. The gold pickup covers are missing and the bridge pickup has been replaced for what could be some DiMarzio job but I'm not sure. The neck pickup looks original and so do the solderings while the bridge pickup has been scarfed in with shrink tubing over the scarfs. The control knobs aren't original either.

No serial numbers of any kind but the pot codes are from January and February of 1986. The neck tenon has a wood block with a screw through it in the pickup route so I'm guessing Matsumoku?

I didn't snap any photos of the pickup cavities but I can do that next string change.

Any insights would be greatly apreciated. Cheers!

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

view

https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/en/fernandes-burny-1986-catalogue/

might help. lc70?

mdvineng said:
https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/en/fernandes-burny-1986-catalogue/

might help. lc70?

Thank you!

Yes, that was helpful. The only model that seems to fit the LP is the LC-70 and the SG seems to be the RSG-75.

It's hard to date the SG but it looks like it's pre 1989. It could very well be an -86 as well.

On the website you will find info on pickups etc. Helps to further identify the model and age.

Latest posts

Back