Burny RLG-150 ???

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Antonius

Reaction score
Hi dear Tokai Forum Members,

I come from The Netherlands and I'm new on this great forum side.
I collect and sell vintage MIJ Guitars especially Burnys.

This year I'm the new owner of this Burny RLG.
It's a nice and good sounding guitar!

1_zps006c7e19.jpg

3_zpsbcd293b2.jpg

16_zpsde807e3a.jpg

18_zpscc0777ca.jpg

This guitar comes from a well know Japanese Guitars dealer here in Europe and it's sold as a '81/'82 RLG-150 with 1 Piece Mahogany Back and a nitro finish.

But ? think it's not a RLG-150!

This week I discovered that the body is not 1 Piece but 2 Pieces and also the finish is not nitro!
You can't see it on the backside but if you look good on the bottom of the backside you see left of the strap nut a thin borderline of the two Mahogany pieces. I marked the line with the black dot.

13_zps5f3ccedb.jpg

Here some details of the Burny;
- 2 piece Back
- Solid Birdseye Top
- Poly finish?
- L8001 or VH-4 PU's?
Neck 8.13 K and Bridge 7.95 K
- Weight 3.8 kg
- Potcode 16 (June '81)

Maybe a custom made RLG from Kasuga?

Here a link to more detail pictures of my Mystery Burny; http://s103.photobucket.com/user/erwin6706/library/Burny%20RLG

I think member Udonitron has (or had) the same Burny like me!
see; http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14707

So can you help me to identify this rare Burny?

Thanks anyway!

Jacco, are you there? :wink:

Oops! I think we have seen this one around a bit and some of us thought is is an RLG-50, and others said it was an RLG-150. With no
original braided-wire pickups and 2-piece back I'd say it is an RLG-50. I recently sold a similar guitar without a birdseye top that (as far as I can tell) has a 1-piece back but has a poly finish.

However, have you actually tested the guitar for nitro finish? That would be the first step I think to know for sure. If it is nitro then it is likely something well above a RLG-50 grade.

It is hard to know what you have sometimes. There were some nice tops on RLG-50s back in those days. I had one that was half birdseye.

Hi Wulfman,

I just made the nitro test and ... this Burny have not a nitro finish!
So first I discovered it's not a 2-piece body and now this ...

Hello OP. That example looks very familiar to me & it seems there was some controversy about that one. Some were claiming it was a 150.
My opinion has always been that is a RLG-50, and I have never wavered from that opinion.
Nice guitar. Enjoy

Nice, always love a good Burny but your pics aren't showing up for me unfortunately. I'm sure it rocks though!

Two people (?) with 1 post each on an obscure thread talking to each other.

Hmmm….

Where is this going?

All 1 post each on a 2 year old thread.... :eek:

FaithSa said:
Howdy,
I am a newbie in this forum. Hope you are doing well guys. awnings in Pleasantville New Jersey

pagekeller184 said:
FaithSa said:
Howdy, I am a newbie in this forum. Hope you are doing well guys. concrete repair
Hey, welcome to the forum! Hope you'll be having a great time here.

donzparker25 said:
hi do you have some photos of the vintage guitars?

Screen enclosures siesta key

1KUJBDd.jpg

Latest posts

Back