Pickguard source

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSystem

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an 80s Fernandes Strat. I want to replace the white pickguard but have no idea where to get one that will fit. I grabbed a real fender but the holes did not line up.

Any idea where to get one that will work the the MIJ imports?

Mine looks exactly like this with 11 holes.

https://reverb.com/item/40627268-fernandes-62-strat-80s-fiesta-red

Thanks
Brian

I have found some ebay dealers that have what look like pickguards that will work BUT I'm pretty sure they are close but not 100% there.

The screw hole on top above the middle pickup looks a little off like it would be partially over the old hole vs over wood where I could just drill a hole and install it.

So is there anyone what has a similar model as mine that has actually replaced their pickguard with one where all of the holes line up?

Brian

Good luck.

The holes on Tokais, and I suspect most MIJ Strats, are different than US Strats and different from each other.

I'm still hunting for a good match for an '81 Tokai ST.

I wonder if you can get an undrilled guard somewhere and then drill it yourself??

Let us know if you find anything that matches.

"I wonder if you can get an undrilled guard somewhere and then drill it yourself??"

That is a very good question and worth looking into.

I will see what I can find.

I did kick around the idea of making one but I did that once with a backplate on a MIJ Pan 335 copy. The workmanship was ok for the back but not the front :)

Thanks

Looks like these can be found.

https://dragonfireguitars.com/Custom-Designed-Strat-Pickguard-Build-Your-Own-Unique-Guard-12073.htm

There have to be other places as well. This place seems somewhat pricey.

Brian

That's expensive, but cool to see that it is an option. Thanks for posting the link.

Back