Help me Identify my Burny SG's please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The amount of slight changes over the years definitely doesn't make it easy to figure out, but the more info we gather the better. I found a good post a while back on the vh-1 pickups but can't find it at the moment. I'll add it later or tomorrow here and if I remember a lot of them were alnico, even the second gen's. Don't have much time today.

okay here is the pickup thread... a few burny sg's mentioned, a few ceramic and a few alnico. It's a good thread, I'll probably add to it tomorrow when I have time and bump it up.
https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/please-post-your-burny-pickup-data-here.121409/

Puck Luck said:
The amount of slight changes over the years definitely doesn't make it easy to figure out, but the more info we gather the better. I found a good post a while back on the vh-1 pickups but can't find it at the moment. I'll add it later or tomorrow here and if I remember a lot of them were alnico, even the second gen's. Don't have much time today.

okay here is the pickup thread... a few burny sg's mentioned, a few ceramic and a few alnico. It's a good thread, I'll probably add to it tomorrow when I have time and bump it up.
https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/please-post-your-burny-pickup-data-here.121409/

Some good info there. I've edited to wiki to reflect it.

That's the first time I've seen any mention of what grade alnico their pickups are. Jacco only calls out the 1st generation VH-1 for that, though.

"L8001, L8002 and first generation VH1 = alnico 2" (last post on page 10)

I'm still working my way through the 170 page(!) thread, slowly but surely...

I've also noticed that some of the 1989-1992 models have a heel cap, which might be something to pay attention to in distinguishing manufacturers.

I can't tell on your red SG, Puck Luck. Does it have a heel cap?

Hello,

After a few months of research, a new guitar is finally coming home soon.
I just purchased a black Burny SG custom with 3 golden PU.

2b02005

I had a Greco ss500 of the SUper REal era that got stolen like 10years ago and I'm still missing her. I hope this one will comfort me a bit of her loss! I think it wont be of the same quality but I hope it will still be quite good..

I have a few questions for the owners of the model or experts in MIJ guitars :
1) I want to install a maestro vibrola to make her look a bit more to the sg custom 1963 like this one. Where can I buy a replacement vibrola like this? The perfect would be a Burny written one or an aged one without brand on it but I think I am dreaming...

2) what do you think of the PU installed? There is a sticker on the rings with VH1 written but from the date (1989 or 1990), it should be something like VH3, that have mixed reviews on the net

3) For the electronics, do you think it s worth upgrading with higher quality pots and condos or just wasting money for nothing.

4) the buttons seemed to be broken, do I have to buy metrics or US sized for replacements?

Thanks a lot for the help!

blackbook-guitars-portland-oregon-demurela-403_1200x.jpg

Latest posts

Back