Help with fernandes strat.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarjunky

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post - I found my way here after acquiring a stratocaster and spending quite a bit of time trying to find out more about it. All help much appreciated.
It's an Olympic white model with r-9 Z under the neck. Gotoh tuners, small fender style headstock, rosewood fretboard and serial number 03175. I can't work out how to post pics from my phone!

Pictures ready help but you might be able to check it's age from pot codes and this
https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/en/fernandes-burny-guitar-catalogues/

Guitarjunky said:
Hi, this is my first post - I found my way here after acquiring a stratocaster and spending quite a bit of time trying to find out more about it. All help much appreciated.
It's an Olympic white model with r-9 Z under the neck. Gotoh tuners, small fender style headstock, rosewood fretboard and serial number 03175. I can't work out how to post pics from my phone!

1992 R-9 model.

Many thanks for the helpful information. I have quickly fallen in love with this guitar.
Mine has ceramic pups and while I like the sound of the neck and middle I don't like the clean sound of the bridge. Anyone got any pointers on decent (inexpensive) upgrade options? (in UK). I have a set of fender mexican in my sunn mustang (probably have to sell due to what the wife thinks is a ridiculous amount of guitars) which actually sound fantastic, I am thinking of swapping out.

Latest posts

Back