Help with fernandes strat.

Discussion area for Burny/ Fernandes guitars

Moderator: ned

Guitarjunky
Plucker

Help with fernandes strat.

Post by Guitarjunky » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:07 am

Hi, this is my first post - I found my way here after acquiring a stratocaster and spending quite a bit of time trying to find out more about it. All help much appreciated.
It's an Olympic white model with r-9 Z under the neck. Gotoh tuners, small fender style headstock, rosewood fretboard and serial number 03175. I can't work out how to post pics from my phone!

mdvineng
Guitar God

Re: Help with fernandes strat.

Post by mdvineng » Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:20 am

Pictures ready help but you might be able to check it's age from pot codes and this
https://www.vintagejapanguitars.com.br/ ... atalogues/
Tokai VSB80 OF, Michael Kelly Patriot custom, Epiphone Elite SG & EB3. 8)

Shredder69
I only know 3 chords

Post by Shredder69 » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:21 pm

Guitarjunky wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:07 am
Hi, this is my first post - I found my way here after acquiring a stratocaster and spending quite a bit of time trying to find out more about it. All help much appreciated.
It's an Olympic white model with r-9 Z under the neck. Gotoh tuners, small fender style headstock, rosewood fretboard and serial number 03175. I can't work out how to post pics from my phone!
1992 R-9 model.

Guitarjunky
Plucker

Post by Guitarjunky » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:38 am

Many thanks for the helpful information. I have quickly fallen in love with this guitar.
Mine has ceramic pups and while I like the sound of the neck and middle I don't like the clean sound of the bridge. Anyone got any pointers on decent (inexpensive) upgrade options? (in UK). I have a set of fender mexican in my sunn mustang (probably have to sell due to what the wife thinks is a ridiculous amount of guitars) which actually sound fantastic, I am thinking of swapping out.

mdvineng
Guitar God

Post by mdvineng » Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:30 am

Before replacing, try lowering it.
Tokai VSB80 OF, Michael Kelly Patriot custom, Epiphone Elite SG & EB3. 8)