Greco SA1200 video

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just leant my SA1200 to a mate who does YouTube videos. I thought he'd like it but not consider it much different from all the other guitars he's played. I was wrong. He loved it.

Jonathan is your mate?? I follow him and he is a monster player!! I love his sense of humour too and I have watched that video a few times.....thanks for posting here.

Jonathan is your mate?? I follow him and he is a monster player!! I love his sense of humour too and I have watched that video a few times.....thanks for posting here.
No, it's not. I happened to come across this video and I was really fascinated by his play.
And I was also shaken by the splendor of the tone of the SA-1200. Are you also a lover of the SA-1200?

No, it's not. I happened to come across this video and I was really fascinated by his play.
And I was also shaken by the splendor of the tone of the SA-1200. Are you also a lover of the SA-1200?

I love all the quality brands of Japanese guitars and have done for over 40 years now. I have owned many Tokai and Yamaha guitars but I have never played a Greco or a Burny. That Greco looks and sounds beautiful.

Jonathan is a monster player and he always lands on a good note to finish a dazzling run.

I love all the quality brands of Japanese guitars and have done for over 40 years now. I have owned many Tokai and Yamaha guitars but I have never played a Greco or a Burny. That Greco looks and sounds beautiful.

Jonathan is a monster player and he always lands on a good note to finish a dazzling run.
Great to hear that.

Not long ago I got a 1981 Tokai ES100RN.
It's a lot of fun to play and compare with the 1980 Greco Super Real SA-1200 that I have owned for a long time.
Please try Greco.
DRY-Z is truly the holy grail.

Great to hear that.

Not long ago I got a 1981 Tokai ES100RN.
It's a lot of fun to play and compare with the 1980 Greco Super Real SA-1200 that I have owned for a long time.
Please try Greco.
DRY-Z is truly the holy grail.
Well my friend if I come across a Greco here in Scotland I will certainly want to try it.

I'm strange in a way in that although I have owned many Gibson and Fender guitars over the years I love the "underdogs" like Tokai etc. They have character and I have owned my Tokai Strat for 38 years....just love it.

Well my friend if I come across a Greco here in Scotland I will certainly want to try it.

I'm strange in a way in that although I have owned many Gibson and Fender guitars over the years I love the "underdogs" like Tokai etc. They have character and I have owned my Tokai Strat for 38 years....just love it.
I agree your idea. I also have owned so many Gibson and fender, but I also love Greco , Tokai,etc.

Well..... Guitar playing acquaintance is probably closer as we only met as a result of his YouTube channel, but he only lives an hour away and we often meet up half way for a coffee and swap of gear. He's had a few of my guitars, a dozen or so pedals and my Cornford amp on his channel over the last couple of years, he loans some of his stuff back in return. Have had his wood line boogie mkiii, k-line Strat and some other nice gear in return.

Well..... Guitar playing acquaintance is probably closer as we only met as a result of his YouTube channel, but he only lives an hour away and we often meet up half way for a coffee and swap of gear. He's had a few of my guitars, a dozen or so pedals and my Cornford amp on his channel over the last couple of years, he loans some of his stuff back in return. Have had his wood line boogie mkiii, k-line Strat and some other nice gear in return.

That's cool! I love his playing and his approach to it all...he is just honest and I bet that bites him sometimes.
I'm not in to modellers but saying that he never gets a bad tone out of anything and I can see why it's much easier to go that route for video's.
Thanks for posting!

Back