Greco SE600 1976 and replacement tuners

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greco Kid

Reaction score
Hello fellow Tokai/Greco enthusiasts.

I have set my sights on purchasing a Greco SE600 1976 Super Sound stratocaster.
The seller told me that 2 of the 6 original tuners are busted, totally unrepairable.
So I was wondering if anyone of you know if I could install Gotoh Vintage tuners as a replacement?
Would it be a good fit? I don't know the dimensions of the Greco SE600 1976 tuning holes, so that's why I ask you experienced guys.

These are the current tuners (this is not the tuners from the seller, just a google search).
6F17386A-E36F-472E-BBA9-C4A9CDBFDCC5.jpeg

And these are the tuners I thought of replacing them with.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/gotoh_sd91_mg_t_n.htm

So what do you think? Will it fit? And if not, what would you suggest I take instead?
Are there any other tuners available that are identical or at least similar to the original tuners that I have to replace?

Thanks guys.

For some reason, I've never actually measured the inside diameter of the tuner holes in a Greco SE, but the diameter of the part of the tuner going through the hole comes to 9,93 mm on my calipers, so a 10 mil hole.

I have a couple of sets of those tuners (designated MH-803 in Greco catalogs) in the scrap box, I could probably sell you one if you want to. If so, please PM me.

Back