Greco Super Real 950??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

workerunit

Reaction score
I have a old Greco "Super Real" Les Paul with a ink stamped serial number of 2 11XX or maybe 2 44XX or 2 14XX with "Greco Deluxe" Kluson style tuners, and Gibson style truss rod adjustment. The guitar's head stock has a pearloid open "O" Greco, and states "Super Real". It weighs slightly more than 9 lbs, and has a dark cherry sunburst finish that is easily softened with acetone and what appears to be pearloid fret board inlays. It has a three piece top that does not appear to be veneer, no fret nibs, long neck tenon, bone nut and a rectangular shaped silver / black sticker on the back of the head stock that clearly states "950" (not 450). Sadly the pickups had been changed and the electronics butchered before I bought it. What is a Greco Super Real 950? What pickups was it supposed to have?

I asked about this on another Les Paul forum and was able to post pics there. The consensus was the "950" sticker is fake and the guitar is a 1982 EG59-45. I thought I would ask out here to see if anyone has any more information. I would post pics, but I do not know how on this forum.

Latest posts

Back