Help on a Greco 550 Les Paul

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick66

Reaction score
Hi everyone....i stumbled onto a sale of this les paul and am curious about the asking $....the guitar is all black with what appear to be “mirrored” pick guard and pickup rings. Serial looks like I 45xxx... With a sticker at the top of the neck volute that say “550”...he is asking $550 for the guitar and a hardshell case.....it looks to be in decent condition.....thoughts on the price? Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Could be a 1984 John Sykes model. Is it a Custom ... Block inlays ?? Brass nut etc..

$550 would be a nice price with a HSC unless its 12 pounds, unless you like the fatties hahaha.

brokentoes said:
Could be a 1984 John Sykes model. Is it a Custom ... Block inlays ?? Brass nut etc..

$550 would be a nice price with a HSC unless its 12 pounds, unless you like the fatties hahaha.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it has block inlays and it looks like the nut is brass too. Not sure if the case is original though....i can’t read the name on the plate that is bolted on the side.

I would doubt a Greco case would have come with a 550. Acually i'm not sure if i've ever seen a Mint Collection hard case, just from the Super Real era. I'd go check that one out myself. I love the Mint collection guitars, i have 2 customs myself. Great guitars, yours should have Screamin '82 pups if they are original. They sound better the louder the amp.

9r4vsy.jpg

The headstock inlay looks just like the one on the left ....i thought this had dry z’s in it but the more i read, i learned it had the demons.

Yes the inlay changed late '88 i think. The blue one is a '84 and the Black is a '89. They are the best dollars to donuts guitars i have.

They are like a '59 profile. Not a baseball bat, but certainly not like a Gibson slim 60's if that's what you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back