identify greco 59-120

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRECONORWAY

Reaction score
hi everybody :D have been readig here for some while now and decided to test out a greco myself :eek:
i buyed this guitar on ebay and received it today and is told its a EG59-120.
is it any way to find out for shure what modell is it ???

DSC00064.JPG

its beside my early 80s burny,,,

Get a free account on for example picasaweb or photobucket, upload the image there and link it here :)

ok, another try :D
http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn68/GRECONORWAY/?special_track=nav_tab_album

The pups should be the Dry so pop them out and hope the stickers is still there

Dry 1982... :p not dry Z and by that serial no it looks like a Dyna gakki made greco not a fujigen one.... I don't think that really matters but just letting you know. :wink:

Mick

58-120 was the model number, and it should have fret end binding, dry-1982 PU and maybe a solid flametop...

fret end binding (or evidence of the remains of the nibs if its been refretted) is the only sure thing , pups can be changed out, and some were laminate

Dry 1982... not dry Z
Yes of course I just thought leaving the Z off would have made sence but I guess I should have added the 82 how sloppy of me

thank you for all the input :D obviously i have been fooled again :( but she is a fantastic player anyway :lol:
have checked and there is no signs of fretedgebindig and the top is laminated.there is no marking on the pups either. have added some new picks in the album of the elctronics, pups and tennon.

http://s301.photobucket.com/albums/nn68/GRECONORWAY/

Well that is very sad to hear. Was it advertised as that model?

the Greco in question was sold by Akira Kikuchi, former eBay selller poochakira

the listing was pulled (after it finished) by eBay (A holes) because eBay are complete MORONS, as they suspended Akira's account

the listing showed a laminate top, no fret edge binding, and the pups had no stickers to indicate what they may have been

I considered buying the Greco but I was not convinced it was the model claimed by the seller, and IMO, that's too much $$ for no fret edge binding and the lack of a solid top

the listing was full of photos, as Akira's listings usually have 25 to 35 photos, and there was nothing left to the imagination as far as visuals are concerned

I'm sure your Greco is a very nice one; enjoy it :wink:

I have a 1989 EG-600 (solid) plain top that has the same serial # scheme (9 09**); one of the best Grecos I have ever owned, or played :)
The neck pickup sounds like a Strat :eek: 8) :D ............................
EG600sat2.jpg

hi, it was stated that it was a EG59-120 in the description of the guitar. i think KOIZ guitar have a similar one for sale .
http://cgi.ebay.com/1989-GRECO-Mint-Collection-Series-EG59-120-MIJ-Burst_W0QQitemZ170202703627QQihZ007QQcategoryZ2384QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262QQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

i was taking a closer look at it now and starting to get unsecure if its refretted or not. :-? i cant see any knobs from old fretedgebinding but the frets looks quiet new to me,,,
according to the EG59-120/EG58-,,,im not familiar with the existing models in this series,, :)

anyhow what modell it is she sounds fantastic and plays like butter,,, :lol: :lol:

Easy fix, just state in the ad that "I'm not 100% sure what I'm talking about" :)

hi again, just want to say that it was not my intention with this questions to claim the seller as unserious,,, i just wanted a little bit of information about my guitar to identify the modell.
there was a lot of pics in the ad and it covers it all. :D

what modells exist in this series, is it eg58-60,70,80 etc.?

bart said:
Easy fix, just state in the ad that "I'm not 100% sure what I'm talking about" :)

then I would look like some of the sellers that continually list 60 plus guitars at a time, that actually don't know what they are selling, and that are continually driving down prices, because they keep listing massive amounts of product which destroys the market, morons............... :lol: ....................

I am not a volume seller, never have been & never will be; I would rather sell quality than quantity, any day...........

on that note I bought a custom shop this and that that turned out to be a completey different model than advertised so of course I paid over the odds .
once bitten then I learnt about guitars
I just sold a good 80s MIJ for peanuts and the person has complained and I let them pick it up as it was local..............
one word arseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
The complant was delt with, one responce give it back. Here is your money back and take up another hobby cause you know ef all about guitars

Latest posts

Back